What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » who block me

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
who block me
Author: Message:
solidphantom

– / – / Flag
O.P. who block me
How to know who block me in msn/ wml? thank you
12-08-2009 09:36 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
RE: who block me
Please Read: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=30637

Basically, NO Block Checkers Work!
12-08-2009 06:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
solidphantom

– / – / Flag
O.P. RE: who block me
i dont mean by block checkers. whoever use the bock checker is dumb.

but there is a way to detect who block you. basically is about leaving notes in someone's profile. but i still dont get about it. anyone can give me details?
12-09-2009 11:55 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by solidphantom

but there is a way to detect who block you. basically is about leaving notes in someone's profile. but i still dont get about it. anyone can give me details?
No, there is no way.

Someone's profile options are unrelated to Messenger. And a person could read your notes while he/she is offline in Messenger and when you are offline. Also, someone can perfectly disable prive notes in their profile.

As such I don't see how that is going to detect anything. There is no way to see if someone has blocked you or not. All the statements regarding those block checkers you'll find in that link posted by Krissy (that you can never be certain if it is because of a setting of the contact or because he/she has realy blocked you) do apply for profiles too (and everything other 'method' for that matter).

So, despite what you may have read or what people have told you, the above are facts and as such it is NOT possible. Everybody who state something otherwise does NOT know what he/she is talking about and/or has not tested things out in the proper way.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-10-2009 12:12 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
quote:

Something that checks if you've been blocked is a block checker. So if blocker checkers don't work, it means you can't block check.
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6557 days, 8 hours, 43 minutes, 6 seconds ago.

12-10-2009 01:06 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
solidphantom

– / – / Flag
i am talking about this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Inbv1vV0nkE

watch the video and you will know what i meant by leaving notes in profile.
12-10-2009 04:29 AM
Butcher_ss

38 / Male / Flag
I just noticed something which in fact works to check if you are blocked or not. It is also shown in the video you posted. When you have someone who is offline by going to their profile, the colour surrounding the picture and which shows the status is green which means the contact is online but you are showing him offline. This also works when the contact is busy (red) or away (orange). So there is a way to see if someone has blocked you or not.  The colour is light blue when he is appearing offline.

This post was edited on 12-10-2009 at 05:37 AM by Butcher_ss.
12-10-2009 05:33 AM
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
am talking about this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Inbv1vV0nkE
And we're talking about this:
quote:
Originally posted by krissy-afc
Please Read: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=30637

Other methods to check if you're blocked, like the one from the video, don't work either.

This post was edited on 12-10-2009 at 07:48 AM by Chrono.
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
12-10-2009 07:44 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
solidphantom

– / – / Flag
so, basically i can write notes in his profile even he block me right?

p/s: man...this is confusing me. i thought it works at first but then i find out i cant even leave note to my friend even i am talking to him.
12-10-2009 08:48 AM
Adeptus

quote:
Obsession with this subject is amusing.  As you've been told, there is nothing technical that will tell you somebody has blocked you on Messenger.  However, I can give you a few clues of different kind:

1. Change of habit following some sort of a dispute -- people don't change their habits easily.  If you see that somebody who has always been online every day suddenly isn't for a week or more, they might be blocking you.  This would be more likely following some form of an argument.
2. Social engineer mutual friends -- in most cases you will know someone else who talks to the person you are concerned about and if you ask the right way, they may reveal to you whether the person is online to them or not.
3. Other communication methods -- most people use more than Messenger.  They might also use things like Skype, AIM, etc.  Get on all and add them on all while everything is going well;  they won't typically remember to block you on every one at the same time.

However, I think the main thing to remember here is that knowing you've been blocked is not that helpful and sometimes worse for you than not knowing.  If you want to know, chances are you planning to somehow confront them about it; remember, this is usually not going to be productive because they already have demonstrated they don't want to talk to you right now.  Depending on their personality and how nice you are, some may opt to listen when you somehow bypass their block to "talk" about it, but many will just block you where they had forgotten to do so.

The bottom line is I think you will be much more successful treating whatever is on your mind as a social issue than you are likely to be treating it as a technical one.

This post was edited on 12-10-2009 at 08:55 AM by Adeptus.
12-10-2009 08:54 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: