What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » How to mute MSN Webcam Mic with a KEYBIND ?

How to mute MSN Webcam Mic with a KEYBIND ?
Author: Message:
VincentVolaju

O.P. How to mute MSN Webcam Mic with a KEYBIND ?
Ok so I have a problem.  My girlfriend got a laptop and wants to talk to me on MSN Webcam/Video chat now while I play games / on ventrilo.  My problem is I cant find a way to mute the MSN Webcam/Video chat mic OTHER then hitting the little Mic button on the Webcam window.

See, if I am on WoW or playing HoN or CSS etc. and I am in Ventrilo with friends... I am able to set a keybind to talk called "Push to talk" which makes it so I can say whatever I want without it going through unless I am holding down my Push to Talk key.  With this MSN Webcam, you cant do that, its all voice activation.

So my problem is I am on vent talk to friends about the game were in, and I am on webcam with GF.  Whenever I try to talk to my friends about the game, she can hear me talking and is like  ...huh? what? huh?, or she just is like wtf are you talking about.

I need to find a way to do 1 of two things... I REALLY hope someone has an answere for me cause I have been going out of my mind trying to find some kind of program or way to do this.

1)  Make it so in order for my voice to go through in MSN Webcam/Video I have to hit a "Push to talk" key, rather then it being voice acivation.

OR

2)  Find a way to make it to so I can hit a keybind/hotkey that automatically mutes my mic in the webcam chat (Just like if I were to click the little mic button on the webcam window)  so that I can hit that key to keep my mic muted.  And then just hit it again to unmute it when I want to say something to here.

I know I have a mute button on my headset, however that doesnt help because I still want to talk to people in my ventrilo server etc.  I just want to take the clickable mute mic button from the Webcam window, and link it to a keybind/hot key.

Is this possible ???? Is there anyway to do this ??? PLEASE HELP!!!
12-15-2009 04:07 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: How to mute MSN Webcam Mic with a KEYBIND ?
Maybe the best idea would be for your girlfriend to get Ventrillo, then it may be possible to change different audio conversations using a keyboard shortcut?

As an alternative, there's a mute keyboard shortcut in Skype, so you could have a voice conversation with your girlfriend on that while gaming? Actually, even better Skype add-on Skype for Power Gamers (S4PG) allows push-to-talk.

There's a built-in Voice Clip feature in Windows Live Messenger which, when you hold down F2, sends a voice clip. However you have to have the conversation open as far as I know, so it wouldn't be a solution to your problem. I don't know of any way to mute an audio conversation in WLM with a keyboard shortcut unfortunately.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
12-16-2009 03:02 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
VincentVolaju

O.P. RE: How to mute MSN Webcam Mic with a KEYBIND ?
Yeah the problem is she can only use WLM, or else I would have her get on Vent with me lol.

Is there any kind of script or addon that could be created by someone that could simply put a keybind to the mic mute feature?  Is that possible? If so, would it be hard to do?
12-17-2009 03:10 AM
SourSpud

spud, spud, spud, spoon.

35 / Male / Flag
RE: How to mute MSN Webcam Mic with a KEYBIND ?
Someone correct me if i am wrong but doesn't this mute the microphone

JScript code:
Interop.Call( 'user32', 'SendMessageW', oChatWnd.Handle, 0x0111 /* WM_COMMAND */, 11046, 0 );

12-17-2009 03:42 AM
VincentVolaju

O.P. RE: How to mute MSN Webcam Mic with a KEYBIND ?
I have no idea what that code line means or how to use it, but if there is a way to make that into a keybind that mutes my MSN webcam, I will LOVE YOU FOREVER!!!!
12-17-2009 09:00 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: