What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Need Help! Cant Log In!

Need Help! Cant Log In!
Author: Message:
longjohn77

O.P. Need Help! Cant Log In!
I need a computer guru's help please!
I would contact Technical Support but dunno where to go to send a email or whatever.
Anyways here is my story. My messenger was working fine til Thursday morning and now everytime i go to sign in, I get different error codes and what not.
Recently the most common reply i'm getting is, "There might be a problem with your internet connection. Make sure your computer is connected to the Internet.
Click Troubleshoot to fix the problme. and at the bottom have error code 81000306"

well I click troubleshoot and everything is shown to be ok. I go to the msn help page and do what it says. and nothing?

my internet connect is fine, everything still works.

I've uninstalled and downloaded Windows Live several times now and still nothing.

I working with the latest Windows Live in case you are wonder, not sure if that is Windows Live 2009 or what?...but whatever the latest is, I'm using it.

I've deleted Temporary Files/Temp Internet Files and everything and still cannot sign into the page.

Firewall has MSN to be allowed to work.

The aggravating thing is, I've downloaded Windows Live just yesterday on my Desktop AFTER my laptop version of Windows Live Messenger started acting up and it works fine. Actually better than what I have on my laptop cause on my laptop I've had some friends to add me, but I couldnt add/see them on my laptop Windows live version, but on my desktop I can.
but that's another topic for another time.
can anyone help me get my Windows Live working on my laptop again?

I've ran outta idea's unless I need to either download a new windows or redownload what I got (which is XP)
I have never had problems with XP or windows live messenger til now.
any tips or help would greatly be appreciated!
12-04-2009 11:53 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Need Help! Cant Log In!
Try going into "Safe Mode (with Networking)" by tapping F8 continuously when starting-up your PC [more info].

This'll just run the basic required programs, drivers and services (rather than all of them).

Run Windows Live Messenger and see if it works.

If it does, you know there's something interfering in normal Windows mode.

If no luck, see CookieRevised's guide to Completely remove (MSN/Windows Live) Messenger.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
12-04-2009 05:57 PM
longjohn77

O.P. RE: Need Help! Cant Log In!
Well I was with the guy up til step 4, didnt know how to run http://home.scarlet.be/~tsf54471/msn/delete_msn_wlm.reg
????

anyways went on with the rest of the steps and then downloaded Messenger 2009 again, and still the same thing.
error 81000306

i'm gonna go through the steps again and try to download Messenger 7.0.0820

This post was edited on 12-05-2009 at 08:00 AM by longjohn77.
12-05-2009 07:00 AM
longjohn77

ok just a quick update on my situation.
I was able to go download Windows 7.0.0820 and it works, go figure?
it's kind of a downer though, I really liked the Messenger 2009 version, i dunno why it wouldnt let me sign in or anything anymore?

I'm still open for suggestions on how to get the 2009 version working again for me?
12-05-2009 08:14 AM
longjohn77

still not able to sign in with messenger 2009 any help???
12-06-2009 11:01 AM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Need Help! Cant Log In!
You didn't say whether you'd tried in Safe Mode? Did it still come up with the error message? It's important because it runs the computer without security programs such as firewall and anti-virus, which is the likely reason to why you can't connect to WLM 2009.

quote:
Originally posted by longjohn77
Well I was with the guy up til step 4, didnt know how to run http://home.scarlet.be/~tsf54471/msn/delete_msn_wlm.reg
????
It's a Windows registry file [[Image: Icon_External_Link.png]]. When you run it, Windows will ask you if you want to apply the registry settings, click yes.

If that doesn't work, right click the above link and save it to desktop. Go to Start (in XP, click Run) type regedit and hit enter. This'll run the Registry Editor. Go to File > Import, then select the downloaded registry file. Continue the other steps.

quote:
Originally posted by longjohn77
I was able to go download Windows 7.0.0820 and it works, go figure?[/url]
They're very different, so a problem you get in 2009 you might not get in 7.0.0820 and vice-versa. A firewall may block the new version but not the old, for example.

This post was edited on 12-19-2009 at 02:31 AM by Chris4.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
12-19-2009 02:30 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: