What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Live messenger and the G15

Live messenger and the G15
Author: Message:
lipe123

O.P. Live messenger and the G15
The last thread about this died in 2006 sometime so I figured its best to start over.

Often I'm playing games that wont alt-tab and miss out on contacts trying to talk to me.

There was a program written long ago called Gmsn that did exactly what I wanted but it only worked for one day and since I restarted my comp it refuses to run :(
It used to show me on the lcd display in the keyboard when someone sent me a message and also had the option to reply to the message. Beneath the display is 4 small buttons. hitting the reply one would steal the keyboard input temporarily for replying.

Would anyone be able to recreate a similar program using just scripting? (I read somewhere the newer version of plus can use dll's)

Some links that survived:
The dll: http://www.avbrand.com/software/g15/
Video of how it used to work: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bylgkRy0kPA&feature=player_embedded

Ps. Yes I've been searching all over the net for days especially on g15forums.com and sofar ive only seen 2 apps mentioned, zax something and gmsn. Both apps are very old and wont run on win 7 anymore.
Oh and yes I know trillian has a g15 plugin too, but i prefer using just msn so my chatlogs isnt all messed up.

*edit* I added the orig gmsn package here also

.zip File Attachment: gmsn.zip (43.34 KB)
This file has been downloaded 449 time(s).

This post was edited on 12-22-2009 at 08:56 AM by lipe123.
12-22-2009 08:50 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Live messenger and the G15
Hey lipe123,

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but there's an actual script and files which exist (the attachment) and it does what you want, but it won't work on your computer any more?

Have you tried using your G15 keyboard on a different computer with the script?

Chris
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
12-22-2009 10:10 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
lipe123

O.P. RE: Live messenger and the G15
Yup thats pretty much it.

I could try but I don't really have other computers to test on, just one laptop. Will get back to you later tonight.

Oh on a sidenote the sample app that came with the dll works fine on my pc, so I'm thinking the orignal gmsn was just not really designed for win7 or maybe its the 64bit part.
12-22-2009 05:55 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: