What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » MESSENGER DOWNLOAD!

MESSENGER DOWNLOAD!
Author: Message:
aes83

O.P. MESSENGER DOWNLOAD!
[font=Arial][size=2] Hi folks,

I'm maybe just being thick however, I used to have msn/wlm on my laptop (Windows Vista) and ended up deleting the whole folder of my msn stuff so it is nolonger on my computer.  I have since tried to download it again and the download wizzard thing says it's already on my computer, however I have checked the whole system and can see it no where.

Can anyone help me?!  Please?!

Cheers
12-30-2009 03:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
RE: MESSENGER DOWNLOAD!
You can go to the Control Panel and click Add/Remove Programs to see if Windows Live Messenger is still mentioned there. If it is, try to remove the program properly from there. If it is not mentioned or removing it does not solve the problem you can use ZapMessenger to remove the leftovers from the previous installation and try to install it again.
12-30-2009 03:51 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: MESSENGER DOWNLOAD!
When removing a program from your computer, you should always use the uninstaller. Manually deleting files and folders will result in problems like you've come across, because there are still left-over files. As a result, it thinks it's still installed.

Like Tochjo said, look in Control Panel > Programs (it will probably be under 'Windows Live Essentials') then choose Repair. That'll recover the deleted files and Messenger will be installed back to normal.

This post was edited on 12-30-2009 at 06:03 PM by Chris4.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
12-30-2009 06:02 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: