What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Request] Stay Open When Disconnected

[Request] Stay Open When Disconnected
Author: Message:
pandy90

O.P. [Request] Stay Open When Disconnected
I have a high speed broadband connection but the wireless button is in a stupoid place on my laptop so i am always pressing it by accident while typing.

I was wondering if someone could make a messenger plus script where WLM wouldn't automatically log you out if you loose connection, because its annoying having to sign back in and re-connect to webcam etc.

When its diconnected for about 30 seconds it stays logged in and the webcam session continues when re-connected. but any longer than that and it logs me out.

Can this be done? Thanks
01-17-2010 08:59 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
RE: [Request] Stay Open When Disconnected
I highly doubt this is possible through a script or any other way. If Messenger loses its connection, there's no way you can keep a certain session open for when the connection is restored.

On another note, why don't you just disable the wireless button so you simply cannot turn it on/off by pressing it? Most of the time the button is handled by a background process from your laptop's manufacturer, so when you stop that process from starting with Windows, you can effectively stop the button's functionality. Of course, this depends on the manufacturer and it may take down the functions of all special buttons on your keyboard, but I think that there are a lot of people who were in the same situation as you and there's a good chance they put up some how-to's on the internet.

Search for something like "[laptop model name] disable wireless button" and see if there's a way to do this.
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
01-17-2010 10:19 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
pandy90

O.P. RE: [Request] Stay Open When Disconnected
That was my first option, but it does disable all other functions of my laptop, such as turning bluetooth on/off, volume wheel, and the media buttons which i do use alot.

I guess i'll just have to cope with it. Acer really don't think about the problems people are going to have when they put a touch sensitive wireless button right next to the keyboard. They could have simply done what other manufaturers do and make a switch instead of a touch sensitive button. You only have to hovver over it for it to be switched off :|
01-17-2010 05:18 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: