My current mobile contract is expiring soon and to get me to sign on for another 2 years (which I will be doing anyway) they're offering me a choice of free phone.
I've narrowed down the choice to the Nokia E71
and the BlackBerry Curve 8520
and I would love to hear people's opinions.
- First and foremost it has to be good at what a mobile phone is meant to do: calling (i.e. intuitive phonebook, volume controls, etc) and texting
- I'm not particularly concerned with additional apps which are 'cool' but will never be used by most people
- Email should work well, be easy to retrieve and read
- A good still camera would be nice, but I'm not particularly concerned and don't care about video whatsoever
- Aesthetics are valid points, if one phone looks ridiculous to carry around then I don't want to be carrying it around
- Small/light phones are preferrable (the Nokia is about 2/3 the thickness of the blackberry)
- I won't be using my phone for music so that shouldn't play into it
Any insight, personal experiences, opinions, or random off-topic comments are very welcome.