What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » how to get rid of past past conversation with a contact when you open a new convo

how to get rid of past past conversation with a contact when you open a new convo
Author: Message:
notth

O.P. how to get rid of past past conversation with a contact when you open a new convo
When ever i click on a contact, the last like 10 lines of or so of convo with that contact can be seen,

how do i get rid of it?

01-18-2010 06:59 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
RE: how to get rid of past past conversation with a contact when you open a new convo
Go to Tools > Options > Messages > under "Message History" make sure "Show my last conversation in new conversation windows" is unchecked.
[Image: jumbled.png]
01-18-2010 09:59 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
notth

O.P. RE: how to get rid of past past conversation with a contact when you open a new convo
thanks so much!
01-18-2010 10:17 AM
a_punker

RE: how to get rid of past past conversation with a contact when you open a new convo
OK, further to this....how do i ENABLE a visible 'last conversation' if i get plus! to record my chat logs instead of messenger its self?

under tools, options, messages, if i check "automatically keep a history" doesn't this duplicate your message log - and ISN't encrypted?

punker
03-01-2010 03:25 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
Having Plus! log the conversations is different then WLM. Plus! currently will not show the conversation history using it's logs.

And yes both have logging capabilities. The logging in WLM isn't encrypted where Plus! has the ability to encrypt the chat logs.
03-01-2010 03:39 PM
a_punker

so...if you WANT to see some of the last conversation in your window, you have to log it un encrypted b WLM.

ok

thx.

I can live without it. LOL
03-01-2010 03:58 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
one question left unanswered:
quote:
Originally posted by a_punker
under tools, options, messages, if i check "automatically keep a history" doesn't this duplicate your message log?
No, neither Messenger as Messenger Plus! will log this "chat history" because it is not actually part of the chat but just some stuff Messenger will show before the actual chat (and thus logging) starts.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-03-2010 02:30 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: