What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Windows Live Messenger crashes during boot after Messenger Plus! Live is installed

Windows Live Messenger crashes during boot after Messenger Plus! Live is installed
Author: Message:
TomDB

O.P. Windows Live Messenger crashes during boot after Messenger Plus! Live is installed
I've been using Messenger Plus! Live since somehow the beginning it's been first released and always have been very pleased with it. Especially the multiple conversation tabs and the advanced logging. Now recently I've completely reinstalled my system in order to install Windows 7 Ultimate edition.

Everything went fine, till I installed Messenger Plus! Live... After the first initial boot and logon Windows Live Messenger appears to be crashing most of the times with the first logon after a systemreboot. For which reason I do not know. I've tried removing Messenger Plus! Live (MP!L), reinstalling MP!L, same for Windows Live Messenger (WLM), but no effect. I assumed that using system recovery till the time before I installed MP!L would resolve the issues with WLM during boot but that became to be a false hope. I have also performed a full system reinstallation to resolve the issue, which helped till I installed MP!L again, then the problem arrised again.

Everything I've tried to resolve the issue have failed. As a last resort I restored a system backup I made using Acronis before the MP!L installation.

Now the system is once again working as it should be, but without MP!L... Though I would love to use the program once again, without all the issues that I had before...

This is the current software I'm running
*Windows 7 Ultimate x64
*All system drivers for HP Pavilion DV7-3000eb
*Acronis True Image Home 2010
*Windows Live Messenger (latest version, as I installed it about 3 hours ago)
*Messenger Plus! Live (latest version, same as above)
*Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise

I've seen other reports regarding this issue, though not a single resolution or simular in order to help me further with this rather nasty issue...

The message you get after logon is: "Windows Live Messenger has stopped working"

Hopefully somebody can assist me to resolve this issue so that I once can have the pleasure of working with MP!L
12-29-2009 03:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
auroraplus

RE: Windows Live Messenger crashes during boot after Messenger Plus! Live is installed
Same problem here. I've been trying to solve this issue for the last 3 days. Including reinstalling the OS. At first install it seems to be working ok but after a restart everything is down! With vista 32 bit I had no problems with msn and MsgPlus but with Win7 64bit both does not work ok.
01-09-2010 01:20 PM
auroraplus

Updated !!!
The latest 4.83.376 now works without problems on Win7 64bit! Thanks.. ;) I used msn without MsgPlus for 2 weeks and I really felt its absence...
01-22-2010 09:33 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: