What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » few questions, font and window parameters

few questions, font and window parameters
Author: Message:
aztectrev

– / Male / –
O.P. few questions, font and window parameters
Almost finished my script. works quite well, but not user friendly atm.

Is there a way to get and set the font used. what i want to do is get the current font, store it, change font, send message and then change back to stored font. cant seem to find a direct function?

and also i need to pass a parameter to my scripts window, whats the best way to do this? i need a reference to the convo window that the slash command was used on

Thanks
01-29-2010 12:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: few questions, font and window parameters
quote:
Originally posted by aztectrev
Is there a way to get and set the font used. what i want to do is get the current font, store it, change font, send message and then change back to stored font. cant seem to find a direct function?
This is stored in the registry at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger\PerPassportSettings\%MSNUSERID%\
It is a REG_BINARY key called IM Format. However I think this key is read for new conversations...
quote:
and also i need to pass a parameter to my scripts window, whats the best way to do this? i need a reference to the convo window that the slash command was used on
The parameters to the function OnEvent_ChatWndSendMessage are what you are looking for. The first parameter is the ChatWindow the second is the Message that was sent. Note this function is called for any messages you sent not just commands.

This post was edited on 01-29-2010 at 01:03 PM by matty.
01-29-2010 01:00 PM
aztectrev

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: few questions, font and window parameters
ok, thats cool. I was trying to find an OnLoad event or something to pass a parameter, i guess I just pass it to a control on my window instead and use it from there.

the font i will look into after i tried the reference
EDIT: just done a quick test, doesn't seem to change. i guess it loads it when convo is first opened

This post was edited on 01-29-2010 at 01:22 PM by aztectrev.
01-29-2010 01:10 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: few questions, font and window parameters
quote:
the font i will look into after i tried the reference
EDIT: just done a quick test, doesn't seem to change. i guess it loads it when convo is first opened
I wonder if there is a Window Message that gets broadcasted to all conversations when the font changes though. I dont remember if you change one if the rest change or not... if they do then you can use a window spy to look at the messages sent after changing the font and then you can broadcast that message once you have changed the font... just an idea but at this point is simply speculation as I have no idea if it would work...
01-29-2010 02:15 PM
aztectrev

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: few questions, font and window parameters
just tested changing font on one window, no change on another

EDIT: maybe there is a way to use windows messages to simulate the font dialog window? spy doesnt seem to show any special events

This post was edited on 01-29-2010 at 02:32 PM by aztectrev.
01-29-2010 02:26 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: