What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » 80040154 I tried everything

80040154 I tried everything
Author: Message:
famzy

O.P. 80040154 I tried everything
Hey people,
I use windows xp SP2.. Currently have the latest version of messenger and my computer has no viruses that may have caused this on going error

I get the code 80040154 everytime i attempt to sign in.

Now here's what i've tried to resolve the issue..
I tried;

Click "Start," click "Run," type the following command, and then click "OK":
   REGSVR32 %windir%\system32\msxml3.dll

After this i received a positive message 

"DllRegisterServer succeeded in C:\Windows\System32\msxml3.dll is succeeded.

I restarted msn and my computer, same error code, then i tried to reinstall windows live and do this step again. same error code

Next solution i tried was to download & reinstall MSXML3.MSI
I ran the installation and it said installation complete etc and i restarted my computer...same error code.

I reinstalled msn and tried this step agian.. Same error code

I downloaded an application called 'messengerReRegister-0.5'. Used to register all windows live registry files. It has reregistered everything but still same error code.

I downloaded Messenger-Error-Fixer and attempted a normal & a generic fix for error code 80040154. it says error has been fixed, when i restart computer, same error code, when i reinstall messenger and do ALL of these steps, same error code

I downloaded the Messenger.MSI & installed it, the windows installer just closes when the blue bar's reach the end without any notification so i dont know if this was successful or not

the final step i attempted was to download contact's ship neutral, and launched the contact's installer extracted it, and began to install it just says 'Newer version of contacts platform is already installed'.

Now this is where i'm stuck i have no idea what to do. This error has been going on with me for over a month and i dont know what to do.. please let me know if i've missed anything out. I will extremely appreciate it if someone can solve my problem.

Get in touch..
Thanks A Million
01-29-2010 08:13 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: