What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Greetings! I require assistance.

Greetings! I require assistance.
Author: Message:
Mitch300

O.P. Huh?  Greetings! I require assistance.
(English is not my mother language, so point out anything that dosen't make sense and I will try to clarify)

Hello everyone! Some of my friends have been using animated display pictures so I decided that I also wanted one of those. After making an awesome .gif picture and trying to put it up as my display picture I get the following error message:

''The file you selected is not a valid image file. Please choose another file.''

However, this only seems to happen with .gif files that I create myself. I got a random .gif picture off the internet and tried to set it as my display picture and it worked with no problem. So the question is, why aren't MY gifs working?

For the record, I am using Camstasia studio to create these .GIF files. Perhaps there is something that I have to do with .gif files freshly created to make them compatible with MSN (live messenger)?

This post was edited on 01-29-2010 at 11:37 PM by Mitch300.
01-29-2010 11:35 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Mitch300

O.P. RE: Greetings! I require assistance.
I have figured it out! For the record, the .gif file I was making was far too long. Make it shorter and it should work.
01-29-2010 11:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ryxdp

29 / Male / Flag
RE: Greetings! I require assistance.
Do they work in Windows Photo Viewer? If you're on XP they should be animated, but for some reason in Vista and Windows 7, it only shows the first frame.

Also, is it under 200KB in size? This is the limit for .GIF files. You may have to crop and resize it down until it's inside the size limit.

EDIT: Never mind then :P

This post was edited on 01-29-2010 at 11:54 PM by ryxdp.
01-29-2010 11:53 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: