What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » Skinning - Dead?

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
Poll: Will skinning die?
Yes
No
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
Note: This is a public poll; other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Skinning - Dead?
Author: Message:
Eddie
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Skinning - Dead?
I was getting into skinning and design and then I heard news of a messenger upgrade, and then 2009 was released, so I re-learned locations of files and names and got used to it all and then got distracted by work and probably won't get back into it until after WLM2010, no point before then if its all gonna change again.
...there used to be a signature here :)
02-06-2010 06:38 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Skinning - Dead?
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
probably won't get back into it until after WLM2010, no point before then if its all gonna change again.

I'm guessing the change to WLM 2010 won't be as extreme as 8.5-9. From the screenshots that have been released so far it looks to be more of a 8.1 to 8.5 change where UI File numbers will change and possibly the addition of new ones with new elements.

The logic behind the files will very much stay the same. It will be a pain to update either way :P

quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
This thread has inspired me to write a short editorial on the decline of skinning development:

Heh I'm a skinning monopoly :P

But yeah, pretty much agree with what was said there. 7.5 was the golden era, just because there was so many people there on the same level of skill creating stuff. That's what first got me into it.
02-07-2010 02:18 AM
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
RE: RE: Skinning - Dead?
quote:
Originally posted by Toxn
Hopefully WLM10 will be easier to skin and look so bad people will take the time and skin it. :P
knowing Microsoft, they'll make it harder to skin so users will be forced to use the already built in skins
02-07-2010 02:25 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
robert_dll

– / Male / Flag
I moved away from skinning because my graphics design skills suck and the fact that I don't have much time, and as many told, if I go back to skinning, I will wait until WLM2010 gets out.
02-10-2010 11:23 PM
Ryddyck

In my opinion skinning isn't dead! Only a decline of people that are bored to work on it... Just look at Willz, ZOiD, etc that created very powerful and awesome skins (a reason not to start =P ).
Otherwise probably people are bored to work on it because they like the simplest live design.
I don't know¿!?
02-23-2010 05:44 PM
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Skinning - Dead?
The fact that this thread is still on the 2nd page of the skinning forum while the last reply in it was in February is something that clearly shows skinning is indeed dead.

When skins were introduced in Plus!, this forum was full of threads with people showing their skins or asking questions, something that does not happen now.
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
05-17-2010 11:08 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
The novelty has just worn off that's all.

In the beginning there were 'too many' replies and activities etc. It simply has now settled down to a 'normal' pase. The same happened to scripts; in the beginning there were scripts flying everywhere. Now you rarely see a (decent, big) new script (which isn't a variation on something that exists).
And, other than with scripts, the learning curve is a bit high. So it isn't for everybody either.

And of course the fact that there is a new Messenger version coming.

This post was edited on 05-17-2010 at 12:14 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-17-2010 12:13 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: