What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Main messenger window size and position issue

Main messenger window size and position issue
Author: Message:
Skizz

O.P. Main messenger window size and position issue
So I did some searching before I made this thread and found this: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=78...d=860033#pid860033

Seems to be what I'm looking for but I'm not sure if this is exclusive to skinners or if a general computer use can fix it too.

I'm in Win7 and I love the fact that my wlm9 window stays exactly where it should everytime I restart my computer/msn, even with the newly installed messenger plus! live it was still staying where I wanted it.

Not until I installed the Stealth skin, which is why I installed messenger plus, did I have issues with the size and location of the main messenger window. It natively sits down and out from the top corner of the screen, it will refuse to hug or dock to the edge after restart. Also, it won't let me make the main window as narrow as I'd like it to match my steam friends window below it.

Here is what I'm looking for but with a black messenger skin, WARNING: BOOBIES, http://gows.us/u/christop.jpg

This is how it looks at the moment by default, again WARNING: NIPPLE, http://gows.us/u/christop2.jpg

Is anyone willing to help me change the position and window width restrictions of this skin?

Any help is appreciated, thanks! :D
02-10-2010 08:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Main messenger window size and position issue
The windows are actually in the same position, as the steath skin hides the windows border at the top so that's why it won't hug the top or edge of the screen (this is easily visible if you flick quickly between your two screenshots)

I suspect that the skin may automatically set the width of messenger, in which case there's nothing you can do about it, but you may be able to re-size it vertically so that it doesn't overlap with your steam window
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5234 days, 15 hours, 19 minutes, 59 seconds ago
02-10-2010 09:15 PM
Skizz

O.P. RE: Main messenger window size and position issue
I'll try and chat up the author of the skin and also browse around for more dark-themed skins. Any suggestions? :)
02-10-2010 10:28 PM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Main messenger window size and position issue
I dunno about dark themed, but as you seem to have a fondness for sexy woman I can advise my skin:

[Update] SexySkin 1.5.000

You can change the colour of Messenger to a dark colour to give it a dark theme, as well as getting an attractive woman on your messenger ;)
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5234 days, 15 hours, 19 minutes, 59 seconds ago
02-10-2010 10:59 PM
Skizz

thanks danny, I gave your skin a try, but can't seem to get a very dark theme going and it also doesn't dock to the corner like I want, nice skin nonetheless :)

I tried the Gi Joe one, Stealth and a few others, nothing worth keeping yet :(

I'll make sure to post if I find one :)
02-11-2010 09:09 AM
Skizz

Yooo people, so I made the switch back over to Trillian, used it on and off for the past many years, mainly bugs in file transfers and video/voice calls, but the new astra is way less buggy and WAY customizable, just what I want!

This is my current desktop, just how I want it :) http://gows.us/u/newtop.jpg

I suggest you give it a try, spell check, auto dictionary links, no ads, support for just about any chat client you can think of... as long as you're not a cam whore you should be all good :) Trillian Astra doesn't have much functionality with the various chat clients voice/video... but give it a try www.trillian.im

Final Note: Don't forget about all the work folks at messenger plus! have brought you :)
02-20-2010 06:29 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: