What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Art website?

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Poll: Would you be interested in using something like this? (see first post)
Yes
No (please tell us why)
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
Note: This is a public poll; other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Art website?
Author: Message:
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Art website?
A few years ago a member of this community created a website similar to deviantart. Unforunately, he got caught up with things and wasn't able to complete it. Recently I've been communicating with him and he is still interested in such a website. All the code and design for the website is still online and working. I won't say who it is just yet, but the testers for it will probably remember all the details.

The reason I am posting here is to get your input on what kinds of things you would like to see in such an art sharing website. I don't need you to tell me all the things deviantart has because we can see that ourselves. We also want only constructive criticism.

If you were a beta tester please send me a pm stating whether you are still interested or not.  I'll be contacting people in due time probably anyway.

Thanks in advance. 

This post was edited on 02-25-2010 at 07:41 PM by Lou.
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
02-25-2010 07:34 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
RE: Art website?
I was a tester, so sup.
02-25-2010 09:13 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
billyy

36 / Male / Flag
I absolutely HATE saying no to that... But isn't it kinda like reïnventing the wheel... deviant art has like evrything O_o
Thats kind of why...
I'm new at this, so don't expect me to be usefull any
time soon. But if i behaved you could rep me :P
02-25-2010 10:01 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by billyy
I absolutely HATE saying no to that... But isn't it kinda like reïnventing the wheel... deviant art has like evrything O_o
Thats kind of why...
02-25-2010 11:26 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
Yes. Competition is how we progress. Similar to how search engines have changed since Google. New and upcoming site/businesses can shape existing ones and inspire them to become better themselves, which in turn inspires the new site/business to become better
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
02-25-2010 11:55 PM
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Art website?
quote:
Originally posted by billyy
Thats kind of why...
quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
Yes. Competition is how we progress. Similar to how search engines have changed since Google. New and upcoming site/businesses can shape existing ones and inspire them to become better themselves, which in turn inspires the new site/business to become better
I think spunky is very right. Competition is good. It means improvements and motivation from both parties.

Now, I wrote the first post from my ipod during my Programming II class, in between writing, so I'd like to also give a little insight on the ideas that were discussed previously.

We didn't talk much about actual features but we did mention that it would be quite nice to have customization. There's absolutely no doubt about it, people like making everything their own. So what kinds of things do you people want to see? Perhaps some of you like functionality similar to Facebook, perhaps not. I'm sure there are many ideas that can come from everywhere, and things you've seen implemented that made you go "gross" and want to ensure it's done right. I want to hear ideas and to see if such a project is a good idea.
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
02-26-2010 02:38 AM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Lou
Perhaps some of you like functionality similar to Facebook, perhaps not.
I think a more 'social' version of deviantART would work well - better interaction with social networks.

Features which add more social interactivity, like (Y) / (N) votes.

Most people just go on deviantART and browse pics; if you're lucky they'll comment.

When do you ever see deviantART on Facebook, Twitter, Digg, etc. ? I don't think I ever have.

Awesome pictures should be more widespread and should appear on these social networks.

People should be tweeting about them, posting on their Facebook walls, etc.

And of course a mobile version, iPhone app, etc. (thinking ahead) :P
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
02-26-2010 03:26 AM
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
For the record, see: http://www.reddit.com/r/fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu/comme...nd_my_site/c0l79w3
02-26-2010 03:32 AM
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
basic marketing to the rescue :P

Even though "a small goup of nerds" seems like the demographics they're aiming at (no offense, just taking the wording from that site :P)
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
02-26-2010 03:58 AM
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Art website?
quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
basic marketing to the rescue :P

Even though "a small goup of nerds" seems like the demographics they're aiming at (no offense, just taking the wording from that site :P)
Exactly :P. Who better to know what such a website could include than those that might even use it? :P.
quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
better interaction with social networks.
What comes to mind here might be facebook linked registration (like neowin) and automatic posting, facebok app, etc. That could be rather interesting.
quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
iPhone app,
I'm probably getting some iPhone programming stuff next year (along with an iPhone, which is almost 100% for sure now, as my teacher is conducting a study) so that could be quite interesting frankly.
Messenger Stuff Forums
02-26-2010 11:11 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: