What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Issue adding messenger commands

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Issue adding messenger commands
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Issue adding messenger commands
quote:
Originally posted by Max28
Fix. Dsb good luck for all improvements ;)
Thanks for such a quick response, but the new version contains errors in the parameter processing. You assume that all parameters, for both commands, start at position 8. But this isn't always the case, especially not because both commands are not equal in length.

I suggest to take a look at
http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/543-Bing-Search/
which does exactly the same as your script, but is programmed in a much better and more efficient way.

And sorry that I had to report the script, but you should not be sending people's Windows Live Id to yourself like that. That is simply not-done and an invasion of privacy. If you want to track the usage of the script you should instead send a complete anonymous token. Also, out of courtesy, let the user know about it and give the ability to turn it off.

And since you update the script I also advise you to look into the update and version settings in ScriptInfo.xml so people can get auto-updates. Information regarding this is in the official Plus! scripting documentation and in this post.

----------------------------------------------------------------

DSB,

There is already a script which let you easly add whatever search engine and search URL you want:

http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/464-Mega-Finder/

This post was edited on 02-27-2010 at 07:13 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-27-2010 07:01 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Max28

I already add the tag <Version> which was absent during the previous versions. "If the same item is found and the version is different, an update notification is triggered." So it will work;) I do not think that there are other concerns.

For the error on the command that didn't really an error, I just forgot to change it and it's not very serious if the options aren't accessible by the /googleim.

DSB if you have a problem with my code you can ask me, I don't really want to program script anymore so it does not bother me that you take over :)
02-27-2010 08:35 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
DSB

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Issue adding messenger commands
Nope I have no problems, I used it to learn some of the events and fucntions etc. Then I remade the script keeping only what I added, as well as a friend that helped me make an about window. I've sent it to a few people and nobody has reported anything messing up.

Commands list:
/searchcommands: Display this list
/google: google search
/image: google images
/youtube
/gnews: google news
/cnn: CNN news
/ebay
/amazon
/web: goes to the entered web address. Do not put http.
/wiki: wikipedia
/weather: weather.com
/dic: dictionary.com
/tpb: Pirate bay

I have one question. The list is a simple return, which means that the other contact in the conversation sees it as well. Is there a way to make it only visible to the person that typed it?
Totally new to scripting.
03-01-2010 12:03 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Yes, by making your own interface windows. See the Plus! Scripting Documentation for that.
Note that you can't show something directly within the conversation window without your contact seeing it too...

You could also simply open a web browser window though, just as that Mega Finder script does.

This post was edited on 03-01-2010 at 12:35 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-01-2010 12:27 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Note that you can't show something directly within the conversation window without your contact seeing it too...
Although it isn't reliable... and has limitations... if it is a short message they could use DisplayInfoMessage from the ChatWnd object.
03-01-2010 01:58 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: