What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Specific state for each contact

Specific state for each contact
Author: Message:
ThalesPo

O.P. Specific state for each contact
I'm just here to make a suggestion for a new feature for the messenger plus.
It would be useful if we could appear in a different state for each contact, let's say I wanna appear online for my girlfriend, busy for my ant and offline for my little cousin that keeps annoying me all the time...
But appear offline without blocking the person's messages; I don't want to block anyone...
I know a lot of people that avoid logging in the messenger because of the amount of people that annoy them... And this feature would be the solution to that.
And I don't know if that would be possible, because probably, the state is a single variable read from the server, so the solution may not be easy.

Just a suggestion. I didn't know where else to post, so I posted here. You can delete the topic later...

Bye.
02-27-2010 02:32 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

In the Shadow Gallery once again

38 / Male / Flag
RE: Specific state for each contact
This has been requested before and is not possible due to limitations in Messenger itself. the only way to appear as a different status is by blocking to show you as offline.
[Image: signature/]     [Image: sharing.png]
I cannot hear you. There is a banana in my ear.
02-27-2010 02:42 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ThalesPo
I know a lot of people that avoid logging in the messenger because of the amount of people that annoy them... And this feature would be the solution to that.
Wouldn't the smart solution be to block the people that annoy them?
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
02-27-2010 03:26 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
[OFF TOPIC]

An even better solution would be to not accept everybody and not to post your email everywhere in public. But these days that seems more and more a very 'strange' and 'abnormal' thing to do. :/

(I actually got a msg last week from someone who is mad at me because I don't want to give him my windows live id... roflol.. go figure).

[/OFF TOPIC]

quote:
Just a suggestion. I didn't know where else to post, so I posted here. You can delete the topic later...
Since the implementation of your suggestion has directly everything to do with the protocol used by Messenger, this is something you best suggest to Microsoft themselfs.

Nobody but them can make it happen because of the above reason (protocol).

;)

This post was edited on 02-27-2010 at 04:36 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-27-2010 04:34 AM
ThalesPo

O.P. RE: Specific state for each contact
quote:
Yeah, but people wouldn't like to block, because you never know when you will need that person... And if the person sends you a message that is of your interest? Then you would not receive.
quote:
Since the implementation of your suggestion has directly everything to do with the protocol used by Messenger, this is something you best suggest to Microsoft themselfs.
Ok, thank you guys. I'll try to contact the people from microsoft.
02-27-2010 01:58 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Specific state for each contact
quote:
quote:
Yeah, but people wouldn't like to block, because you never know when you will need that person... And if the person sends you a message that is of your interest? Then you would not receive.
First I would tell them to stop annoying me and if they didn't I would block them. At the end of the day, why would you want to talk to someone who purposefully annoys you? If I really did need to contact them then I would use alternative methods such as e-mail.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
02-27-2010 04:14 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: