What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » email Notification popup

email Notification popup
Author: Message:
chammo

O.P. email Notification popup
Is there anyway to increase the time that the email popup stays on the screen i have looked everywhere. latest messenger live and plus versions.
03-01-2010 07:27 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: email Notification popup
Short answer: no.

Long answer:

If you're talking about 'new email' notification toasts (this is how people call those popups) from Messenger itself, then it might be possible by patching Messenger. But that might also result in other notification toasts being displayed longer. Patching isn't easy and must be done with extreme care. It is also actually not allowed.

Another solution might come from a Messenger Plus! script which manipulates the internal timer for notification toasts. But this requires some advanced programming and that the timer has a fixed id, which I dunno if that is the case. Such a script does not exist at this moment.

The same goes for the 'new email' toasts from Messenger Plus!.
Although in that case I know for a fact that there are several hard coded ids for timers used in Messenger Plus!. But I dunno if the toast delay is one of them or that you could manipulate/patch them.

---

In any case, if you have 'new email' toasts from Messenger enabled, you can always see how many unread emails you have on the email icon in the contactlist (top left icon in the Me-area) in case you missed those Messenger toasts.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=989250]

---

In case this is for a Hotmail email, note that since Hotmail now supports POP3, you can use Messenger Plus! Live to display a toast when new email arrives instead of letting Messenger itself display those toasts. To do this:

1) Go to: Plus! > Preferences & Options > General > E-Mail Accounts
2) There you create a new Plus! notification by pressing 'Add'
3) Fill in all the fields appropiatly:
- E-mail: <enter your email or give it an easy recognizable name>
- POP Server: pop3.live.com
- Port: 995
- User Name: <your full email address>
- Password: <your email password>
- Enable "this server requires an ecrypted connection (SSL)"

4) Disable new email toasts in the Messenger options:
Tools > Options > Alerts > Disable "Display Alerts when e-mail is received"

In the Messenger Plus! Event Viewer (Plus! > Display Event Viewer) you can now also see missed Messenger Plus! toasts, like such a 'new email' notification.

However, note that Messenger Plus! does not (yet) update the unread email count on the email icon in the Me-area as shown in the picture above.

.png File Attachment: msgr_emailcount.png (14.35 KB)
This file has been downloaded 171 time(s).

This post was edited on 03-01-2010 at 09:47 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-01-2010 09:03 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: