What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Stolen Account! HELP!!

Stolen Account! HELP!!
Author: Message:
sih55

O.P. Stolen Account! HELP!!
I´ve been trying to log on to my e-mail recently <removed>@msn.com but it keeps given me this message:

"You've tried to sign in too many times with an incorrect e-mail address or password"

Which apparently means that my account has been hijacked. Then i try to get my password to an alternate account but it is no option to do so. Why in the earth does windows not have any option? It is perfectly clear that i cant get my password if it was sent to the mail i cant log on to... stupid.

Ok then I tried to fill out the validation form but nothing happens. They dont send me any feedback.

I´ve really tried any option and this doesn´t work.

HELP ME PLEASE.

This post was edited on 03-20-2010 at 01:27 PM by Tochjo.
03-20-2010 11:43 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Stolen Account! HELP!!
quote:
Originally posted by sih55
Then i try to get my password to an alternate account but it is no option to do so. Why in the earth does windows not have any option? It is perfectly clear that i cant get my password if it was sent to the mail i cant log on to... stupid.

There is nothing stupid about that option though.
The password will be send to the alternative account, not to the account you can't log in to. That is, if you have set an alternative account (it is best you always do).
The option to send you the new password to the alternative account is not to prevent hacking, it is a safeguard for you forgetting your password. So that a new one can be send to the account you do remember the password for.

Also note that if you get the message "You've tried to sign in too many times with an incorrect e-mail address or password", you are also presented with the option to still log in, but you also must verify a captcha (distored image of letters and numbers). So you can keep trying...

quote:
Originally posted by sih55
Ok then I tried to fill out the validation form but nothing happens. They dont send me any feedback.
They need time (up to a couple of days) to verify the account is actually yours. They also need a lot of details to verify it. If you fail to provide those details or they can't find any proof the account is yours, they may not always respond. In the other case, when they have verified you as the owner, they will reset the account and/or contact you.

It is very essential that you fill in the form with the requested information, with as much details as possible, information which others don't know. Every details counts, even if it seems insignificant.

Therefore it is of the upmost importance that you don't give any private information in public just like that (eg: your email is one of those things, contacts are another, just as your address, age, etc). I know it seems that in these social networking days it is almost normal to give out a lot of personal information, but it is not safe to do as it becomes a lot easier for hackers to break into accounts like that.

Also carefully read an do everything here:
http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solution...-b03f-145b951dcb41
and
http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solution...-ac9a-93838d81b2d6
And eventhough you already might have filled in the form, it is good if you carefully read everything said on those pages.

---

PS: Giving your email in public is actually asking for trouble. I suggest you never do that, unless you do want to attract spammers (and worse).

I hope it gets fixed...

Tips you might wanna read afterwards:
http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solution...-9c72-0dd425a5b5f3

This post was edited on 03-20-2010 at 12:27 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-20-2010 12:07 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: