What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » save my chatlogs automatically online

save my chatlogs automatically online
Author: Message:
colora2@live.com

O.P. Cool  save my chatlogs automatically online
IS THERE A WAY TO DO THIS BY CHANGING THE SAVE LOCATION OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT ON THE MESSENGER SO I CAN HAVE ACCESS TO THEM FROM ANYWHERE WITHOUT HAVING TO DOWNLOAD PROGRAMS IN EVERY COMPUTER???? THIS WOULD BE A GREAT THING

If you could store the chat history virtually or in some site it would really help with the access and solve having them erased by computer crashes and stuff like that, but they should be stored directly from your messenger not through your computer because when you chat in different computers they wont all stay together this becomes a big hassle, hopefully microsoft listens and does something about this, (yn) maybe there already is something out there that im not aware of? if so help me out thanks

This post was edited on 03-21-2010 at 11:21 AM by WDZ.
03-19-2010 09:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: SAVE MY CHATLOGS AUTOMATICALLY ONLINE
You can use something like DropBox to give save your logs so that you can access them from anywhere

Or you could do it by leaving one computer signed in where the logs are stored and then any other computers that sign in using MPOP (Multiple Points Of Presence) will also write to those logs as the sessions will show on the main computer too

Also, please refrain from typing in block capitals as it is considered to be shouting and therefore rude and also please don't double post, instead use the "Edit" button to add to your original post if no-one has replied to it

This post was edited on 03-19-2010 at 10:07 PM by djdannyp.
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5223 days, 23 hours, 36 minutes, 55 seconds ago
03-19-2010 10:06 PM
colora2@live.com

O.P. RE: SAVE MY CHATLOGS AUTOMATICALLY ONLINE
thanks for you help dj danny but one question, do you have to download dropbox in everycomputer? or just in one or how does it work could you help a bit more, thanks a million
03-19-2010 10:57 PM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
Yeah, if you choose to use DropBox then you would have to download and install it on every computer, but once it's done, it's done and the logs will all be synchronised to the same place, as you can log into the same DropBox from each computer.

See here for more details
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5223 days, 23 hours, 36 minutes, 55 seconds ago
03-19-2010 11:15 PM
colora2@live.com

O.P. RE: SAVE MY CHATLOGS AUTOMATICALLY ONLINE
ohhh ok ok i see, but not all computers are mine and downloading things in other computers aint quite right, msn doesnt have something similar to googles chat? where it stores your chats in your email account?? or is there another way where chats are sent somewhere else to be saved, that way you dont have to download things into the computers :S, sorry to bother so much i just need this help, thanks

This post was edited on 03-19-2010 at 11:52 PM by colora2@live.com.
03-19-2010 11:51 PM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by colora2@live.com
msn doesnt have something similar to googles chat? where it stores your chats in your email account??
No. WLM's built-in message history are XML files and requires the MessageLog.xsl in the same folder for it to be viewed properly, but you can always use Plus!'s chat logs which are simple HTML files.

Like suggested, you can install DropBox then set the chat logs to save in DropBox. It'll constantly stay synchronised. On another computer you can view the the HTML files in the web browser, so it isn't being downloaded as a separate file.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
03-20-2010 12:53 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
I use Dropbox, and it can be slow at times. However, this is not always like this and is a really good program.

If you use a FTP Scheduler you would be able to go to http://freehost.com/files and get them on-line. 
03-20-2010 01:29 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
Live Mesh (http://mesh.com) is Microsoft's offering for online syncing of files.

I currently use it to sync my conversation history.
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6563 days, 2 hours, 42 minutes, 25 seconds ago.

03-21-2010 03:49 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Live Sync is going to replace Live Mesh.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-21-2010 07:35 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: