What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Why can't I uninstall java?

Why can't I uninstall java?
Author: Message:
AaronE

O.P. Why can't I uninstall java?
I can't uninstall java on my laptop. When I try uninstalling I get this message:
"Error 1723. There is a problem with the Windows Installer Package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package cendor."

Details:Laptop
Toshiba Satellite
4GB RAM 500HDD
Java (TM) 6 update 14 Sun Microsystems, Inc.

I get the exact same message when I try to install it. I've installed it before, but it wants to be tricky now.
04-02-2010 10:20 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Why can't I uninstall java?
Hi, welcome to the forum.

quote:
It is quite probable that you do not have the most recent copy of Windows Installer Version on your system. The above error message is generated when you have an old version of Windows Installer installed on your machine.

If you want to check the version of the Windows Installer on your system, check the version of MSI.DLL in the Windows\System32 folder. Or, another way of checking which version is currently installed, is to type msiexec /? into the Windows Run box or command prompt.

The latest version of Windows Installer is version 4.5 which you can download from this link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?F...9f4&displaylang=en

Once you install this latest version of Windows Installer ,reboot your system and then try to uninstall java again.

Source: http://www.seasonsecurity.com/i-cant-uninstall-java-error-1723-87318
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
04-02-2010 10:42 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
AaronE

O.P. RE: Why can't I uninstall java?
I'll take your advise, thanks
04-02-2010 12:35 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version