What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Plus! Games Language Support

Plus! Games Language Support
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Plus! Games Language Support
quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
So, I don't see how this is "exactly what many people were afraid of". Some people were/are afraid that Messenger Plus! would become payware, or riddled with adware. Although you have a point that it is under the same trusted branding of "Plus!", it is something different.
I think people are more afraid of the loss of users due to the myth of adware etc due to all the adverts. We have already had threads on the forum asking about the Game of the Month button and why it is there when the user did not authorize it.
True, but those are very rare.

To get things correct, by "people" do you mean the testers/translators/you/me/etc or the general public?

If you mean the testers etc you might be right it is a concern, but if you mean the general public, I don't think the public lays awake of how many users Plus! might or might not loose because of misplaced assumptions that Plus! wouldn't be free because there is a 'related' site which shows ads or where you can pay for more games. In that case it makes more sense for them that they lay awake about Plus! being free or not because that would 'hurt' them in their own pocket.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
that is exactly why Nathalie made that post. So why give the impression that you accuse Yuna for not getting the community involved? That announcement was _exactly_ made to get this community involved in the first place :/
I may have missed something, but nowhere in the post does it say they are looking for feedback. Ok, so there have already been PMs to Nathalie from testers and translators as I would have expected, but nowhere in the post does it ask for it. Even in the latest post acknowledging the feedback does it say anything will be done, just that they will receive a response.
quote:
Originally posted by Nathalie
If you're familiar with the site, here’s a quick overview. Let us know what you think!
Sounds perfectly like asking for feedback to me...

quote:
As for the games at plusfun, I've seen too many people ripped off by this method of being automatically subscribed and having to text to unsubscribe, but being charged until you do. It all started with the "crazy frog" craze several years ago. You don't see them anymore in the UK as it was found most of them were dodgy and not doing what they said they would... Straight away people's trust in these games could be shattered,
Well, you do have a point though. As a matter of fact, in Europe (or it might be in some individual European countries, not sure atm) some laws have been created since then because of such abuse of such subscriptions.

But as long as it is clear how to unsubscribe and that you can unsubscribe at any moment, there is nothing abusive or illegal (or imho, dodgy) about it. It would be the very same as so many other subscriptions on magazines etc where you have an annual automatic payment (until you unsubscribe 3 months in advance or something etc). The moment there is some illegal behaviour, be sure to report it and I'm 100% sure Yuna will take actions. Because that wouldn't be good for their rep either.

quote:
The website appears to be copyright 2010 Search Plus! - That in my opinion should be Yuna or Messenger Plus! If it's all going to be part of a brand, like Live, then the copyright shouldn't belong to a particular section of the brand, but the main product.
Didn't noticed it yet. But yeah, that is a bit strange...

quote:
I am now getting even more untargeted adverts including download accelerators, translators and PC repair tools. Most adverts I've seen are the types people have no learnt to avoid so I hope Yuna got a good deal with the Advertising company (HIgh CPC or a decent CPI rate)
Except for the "you've won 10 credits (... when you log in as a facebook user)" ad I don't see any ads on that site. What ads are you talking about? Are you sure they are coming from the website and not from the toolbar for example?

[OFF TOPIC]

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Prject K Finally Revealed
Messenger Plus! will now be distributed with the Kaspersky Internet Security program...

CookieRevised's reply to [split] Project K finally revealed

[/OFF TOPIC]

This post was edited on 04-23-2011 at 05:37 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
04-01-2010 10:33 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Plus! Games Language Support - by Nathalie on 03-31-2010 at 02:04 PM
RE: Plus! Games Language Support - by Discrate on 03-31-2010 at 02:22 PM
RE: Plus! Games Language Support - by Chrissy on 03-31-2010 at 02:35 PM
RE: Plus! Games Language Support - by Menthix on 03-31-2010 at 02:43 PM
RE: Plus! Games Language Support - by Spunky on 03-31-2010 at 07:56 PM
RE: RE: Plus! Games Language Support - by Discrate on 04-01-2010 at 12:35 AM
RE: Plus! Games Language Support - by Chrissy on 03-31-2010 at 08:07 PM
RE: Plus! Games Language Support - by Lou on 04-01-2010 at 01:57 AM
RE: RE: Plus! Games Language Support - by Nathalie on 04-01-2010 at 08:27 AM
RE: Plus! Games Language Support - by CookieRevised on 04-01-2010 at 02:23 AM
RE: Plus! Games Language Support - by albert on 04-01-2010 at 02:54 AM
RE: Plus! Games Language Support - by Spunky on 04-01-2010 at 09:50 AM
RE: RE: Plus! Games Language Support - by CookieRevised on 04-01-2010 at 10:33 AM
RE: Plus! Games Language Support - by Menthix on 04-01-2010 at 11:01 AM
RE: RE: Plus! Games Language Support - by CookieRevised on 04-01-2010 at 11:22 AM
RE: Plus! Games Language Support - by Spunky on 04-01-2010 at 11:02 AM
RE: Plus! Games Language Support - by Menthix on 04-01-2010 at 11:22 AM
RE: Plus! Games Language Support - by Chrissy on 04-01-2010 at 01:49 PM
RE: Plus! Games Language Support - by Menthix on 04-01-2010 at 02:32 PM
RE: Plus! Games Language Support - by Chrissy on 04-01-2010 at 02:38 PM
RE: Plus! Games Language Support - by Menthix on 04-01-2010 at 02:48 PM
RE: Plus! Games Language Support - by Chrissy on 04-01-2010 at 03:11 PM
RE: Plus! Games Language Support - by Menthix on 04-01-2010 at 03:55 PM
RE: Plus! Games Language Support - by Chrissy on 04-01-2010 at 03:59 PM
RE: Plus! Games Language Support - by Menthix on 04-01-2010 at 05:13 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version