What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Merging Windows live messenger and live messenger plus chat logs

Merging Windows live messenger and live messenger plus chat logs
Author: Message:
robertin75

48 / – / –
O.P. Merging Windows live messenger and live messenger plus chat logs
Hello:

I just installed Windows Live Messenger Plus but didn't know it keeps chat logs stored in different files and folders than the plain messenger.

The problem is that I now have 2 different file locations for all my chat logs and I usually have lots of them so it's not practical to search in 2 different locations.

Is there any way to have all my windows live messenger chat logs transferred to the new "Chat Log" folder that messenger plus creates?

Thanks,
Roberto
04-05-2010 01:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Merging Windows live messenger and live messenger plus chat logs
You can't merge the contents of the logs, but if you go to the "Messages" tab in Windows Live Messenger options then you can change the folder that logs get put into.

Though it may be an idea to just use the logging capablities of EITHER WLM or Messenger Plus! Live as they both do essentially the same thing (the only differences being that WLM logging enables you to see the previous conversation in the chat window and Messenger Plus! Live logging able to save in .txt format)

You can just cut & paste the existing logs into the same folder to make searching easier
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5236 days, 20 hours, 10 minutes, 43 seconds ago
04-05-2010 05:51 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: