What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » New mail - Import old contacts methods ?

New mail - Import old contacts methods ?
Author: Message:
gaara20

O.P. New mail - Import old contacts methods ?
Hey

Im thinking of making a new mail on hotmail, and on hotmail again because most of my friends (if not all) use it, or else i could just get gmail, that in my opinion is basically spam-free, where in hotmail about 60% of my mail is spam.

But lets go to the real question here. I want to make a new mail and them import the contacts i add on my old msn, but NOT all of them. Theres some blocked and others i just dont want to add to the new mail. Ive heard theres some methods and programs that do is, and even hotmail itself when creating a new account. So, how do i do this? Excluding these contacts from being added? I just dont want to manually add them... it would take some time.

Thanks
04-11-2010 07:56 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
meman887

RE: New mail - Import old contacts methods ?
In Windows Live you can export and import contacts to do this, simply press ALT + C (to bring up the contacts menu), then simply click on "Save instant messaging contacts..."

You can also import them into your new one by going to the contacts menu, but instead click on "Import instant messaging contacts..." instead.

But before you do this, any contacts you wish not to include in your new one simply delete them before doing so, otherwise you will end up adding them to your new one.

Also once you have done so, if you no longer wish to use your old one then you can close the old account by visiting the link below to remove it (also note this will also delete the email address as well.)

http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solution...-ae2c-91e158a4cc76
04-11-2010 08:55 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: