What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Is msn screwed up?????

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Is msn screwed up?????
Author: Message:
pebbles77

O.P. Is msn screwed up?????
Hi just wondering if  anyone else has had this problem i deleated someone by accident but I readded them but they say that it is showing that they are not on my contact list but they are???? can someone please let me know if they have had this problem thanks!
04-14-2010 04:31 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Is msn screwed up?????
The Contact Clean-Up List feature no longer works as the Messenger severs have stopped sending/receiving the "Reverse List" data as it looks like the feature has been removed from the forthcoming Windows Live Messenger 2010

Please read the following topics for more information:

'Contact List Clean-Up' => Currently Not Working! (PLEASE READ)
Contact Information "You are not in this contact's list"
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5236 days, 7 hours, 41 minutes, 22 seconds ago
04-14-2010 06:00 AM
pebbles77

O.P. RE: Is msn screwed up?????
...ok so it is not working properly so wouldn't all my contacts show up as I am not in there contacts list, it only happened with a couple  that I have on my allow list the others I had them blocked but they are still showing up that I am in there list.  This one particular contact I had on two seperate accounts and I noticed that I wasn't in there list in the morning but on the other i still was so i figured if they were going to block me would they not have blocked me on both then at midnight on the other msn account i was also show as not being in there contact list.  I made another and asked to add them on there if they never add me I guess they don't want me hihihihihihihi, i just found it strange because even though I was not on there list i was seeing then when they were online, which means I wasn't blocked, and I thought who would delete you but not block you??? I guess I have to wait if I see them come on line.  One other question if they have deleted me and it is not a problem with the server when I log into windows live hotmail and I go to there profile page because we had each other in our networks would I still be seeing it say that I have them in my network or if they deleated me would it show that I am not in there network?  thanks for any opinions
....by the way Danny it is not like this was a new add on, I had this contact in my list for over a year and everything was fine, is this problem with just new add ons or can it affect older ones as well?  thanks :)

Ok thanks Danny and what about with windows live hotmail, If I had been deleated would I still see them appearing as they are in my network? or would it now say this contact is not in your network???

This post was edited on 04-14-2010 at 01:15 PM by pebbles77.
04-14-2010 11:50 AM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
To answer your questions:

Sometimes you delete people without blocking them because you don't want to have them on your list, but don't mind them talking to you.

Also, it IS a server problem and the information on who's in your "Network" bares no relevance to who is on your WLM contact list.  The problem exists because the information is no longer being sent/received as the features looks to be being removed from the new version of WLM.

It should only affect recently added/removed contacts as the data has already been received for the others.  It's nothing to do with the add-on, it's to do with the servers.  Even the lists within Messenger (which are there, just harder to find), don't reflect this data, the same goes for indicators on other Messenger clients (such as for Mac). 

Basically, the data there cannot be trusted one way or the other and all you can do is wait and see whether the feature is put back in to WLM 2010, in which case the servers should start sending/receiving that data again.....but that looks highly unlikely so far

Also, please refrain from double posting, instead, use the "Edit" button to add information to your post :)
04-14-2010 01:07 PM
pebbles77

Ok thanks Danny and what about with windows live hotmail, If I had been deleated would I still see them appearing as they are in my network? or would it now say this contact is not in your network???

...Sorry danny you already answered that.  Okay so what if a contact is not new this one was over a year old and say I deleted her but then re added her would that be considered like a NEW  add on? and then not show me in there contact list? 
04-14-2010 01:16 PM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
It's quite possible that deleting and re-adding a contact could be considered in this way.

But to be honest, as I said, the feature is 100% unreliable at the moment, the data in it should not be used for anything and not trusted.

The feature is in all likelihood going to be removed entirely from WLM 2010, so it's best not to worry about it or the data that's in it at the moment
04-14-2010 02:03 PM
pebbles77

Ok thanks again danny very much for your help! Have a great day :)
04-14-2010 03:43 PM
maya_b

Hi, my problem is kind of opposite to this one. Three people who I deleted and they did delete me (I know because we had fight and they told me) are showing as they did not delete. I can't remove them under privacy options as delete is grayed out.
So my question is - is there anything out there like was Noroom contact list manager (it's not working more) that will let me clean up my list and get rid of those three people there?
04-26-2010 07:39 PM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by maya_b
Hi, my problem is kind of opposite to this one. Three people who I deleted and they did delete me (I know because we had fight and they told me) are showing as they did not delete. I can't remove them under privacy options as delete is grayed out.
So my question is - is there anything out there like was Noroom contact list manager (it's not working more) that will let me clean up my list and get rid of those three people there?

Your problem stems from the same thing.  They show as not having deleted you because the information isn't updating, it doesn't matter which way around it is, the information won't update.

I'm not entirely sure of the criteria for "Delete" being greyed out, I can't seem to find a pattern in mine, but if you've blocked and deleted them then it doesn't really matter what it says on the Privacy page, they won't be able to contact you or see your status.

Contact List Cleanup will not work though, it won't reliably show you if people on your list have deleted you, or if they've added you if the changes were in the last few months
04-26-2010 11:04 PM
maya_b

hi,
Yes I know it won't be realible, but if I know they deleted me then I would remove only those people. I didn't block only deleted but I mean, if they deleted me then it's just stupid those people still there on my list.
Anyway, I don't know why Noroom program was discontinued, he didn't simply have interest/time for it more, or was impossible to make it work. Would of be nice to have some program like that though to remove useless contacts.
04-27-2010 06:59 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: