What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Plus and spyware

Plus and spyware
Author: Message:
fab23

O.P. Plus and spyware
I had the latest msn (with plus) and spyware doctor on my vista laptop. I have had to buy a new laptop as that one broke and have again got spyware doctor installed on here (now on windows 7). However, I have since noticed after installing both the latest versions of both msn and plus that the plus fails to work as there is no "options" for plus available on the drop down menu.

Was just wondering if there was any way to run both spyware and plus together?? Spyware is my anti-virus and as I have 2 emails and seperate contacts, I love plus coz I can run the 2 together. Anyone got any tips they could give me as to how to solve this while keeping spyware?

TYIA.
04-30-2010 06:37 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Kafman

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Plus and spyware
Unfortunately Spyware Doctor is one of the software that has conflicts with Plus! and they haven't fixed it yet...

You should contact Spyware Doctor's developers to see if they would fix that incompatibility.
[Image: sig.png]
04-30-2010 06:46 PM
Toxn

113 / Male / Flag
Spyware Doctor will not work with Plus. You will have to uninstall it and find another spyware removal program. Windows 7 should have Windows Defender with it.

quote:
Spyware is my anti-virus
Spyware Doctor is not a antivirus. If you need a free antivirus Microsoft also has one called Microsoft Security Essentials
04-30-2010 06:51 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
I've contacted PC Tools (Spyware Doctor) and asked them if they can reconsider Messenger Plus! Live's 'spyware' status in consideration of the new sponsor. Will let you know if they reply.

This post was edited on 05-01-2010 at 08:59 PM by Chris4.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
04-30-2010 07:02 PM
fab23

O.P. RE: Plus and spyware
Thank you all for your replies and advice!! I will certainly look into these things.
04-30-2010 07:20 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: