What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Messenger Hangs And Won't Respond

Messenger Hangs And Won't Respond
Author: Message:
Myobi

O.P. Messenger Hangs And Won't Respond
Tonight my messenger decided it would not work.

I can log in perfectly fine, my account is normal and everything seems to run great. But then, after about ten seconds, the entire messenger window hangs. It's now done this for about 5 to 6 hours tonight and, despite my uninstalling and reinstalling, it does the same exact thing.

I'm using Vista and the latest version of messenger live and plus. I have nothing else installed but these and it still refuses to do anything. I've tried uninstalling Plus and seeing what happens. Absolutely nothing changes. The window still hangs with basic messenger.

Vista gives me the options of:

- Check for a solution and close the program
- Close the program
- Wait for the program to respond

It's not my connection either, as I'm perfectly able to post this while MSN continues to hang.

Anyone know any ideas as to what could be happening and how I could fix this?
05-06-2010 10:24 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Hangs And Won't Respond
If you uninstall Messenger Plus! Live does the problem keep happening?

Do you have any scripts/skins running?
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5236 days, 18 hours, 19 minutes, 32 seconds ago
05-06-2010 11:28 AM
Myobi

O.P. RE: RE: Messenger Hangs And Won't Respond
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
If you uninstall Messenger Plus! Live does the problem keep happening?

Do you have any scripts/skins running?

I've tried uninstalling Messanger Plus! Live several times to no luck.
Last night I even restored my computer back to Factory Settings because I feared it was a virus causing it to freeze up and then hang.

This morning after downloading the latest version of messanger and plus once again, it worked fine. But then, after signing off and going out, when I returned and signed in again - as if by magic - it stated freezing again!
And got no idea why either. Now I know it's not a virus. And it can't be my opperating system because I've been able to use msn normally up untill this point.

If it helps, the way it freezes is the same every time. After I sign it everything seems completely normal for about 10 seconds. Then, when I hover my curser over anything in the window all I get is the little circle icon (presumably the waiting one for Vista) but it just stays there and nothing happens. If I try to click on anything, the screen goes white and freezes up, at what point the window is called "Windows Live Messenger (Not Responding)".

I have no scripts or skins running either.
I found a solution!

I followed Jambon's instructions here http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=70...d=993700#pid993700 and rebooted. When I opened messenger there was no freezing and now everything is back to how it was!

I'm still not sure how this helps or what exactly it did, nor why messenger would let something this stupid effect people who use it. But it seems to have completely solved my problem. I recomend it to people who are having problems with their messenger crashing, freezing or hanging!
05-07-2010 03:25 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: