What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » msn not insatalling

msn not insatalling
Author: Message:
spitfiremk1a

O.P. Huh?  msn not insatalling
i would realy be greatful if anyone could help me with an anoying problem ive been having with msn messenger for a while now basicly whenever i try to download the new msn 8.0 it says cannot connect to server, when i take the live instaler file from another computer and run it from mine it does the same also whenever i try to connect to any of the microsft pages it says canot conect to server aswell i think they must all be interlinked and i cannot stop thids from happening ive tryed everything like reinstaling the operating system and everytheing and my connection speed shouldent be a prob as it is 11.0 mbps constant so pleeeeeeeeeease can you help me thanks :)
05-10-2010 06:47 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: msn not insatalling
quote:
Originally posted by spitfiremk1a
also whenever i try to connect to any of the microsft pages it says canot conect to server aswell
You can't connect to any Microsoft (or at least any related to Messenger) sites in your browser? And Messenger itself (or the installer for it) can't connect either?

Seems something in your network is blocking sites. It could be security software on your PC (firewall / anti virus / anti malware / hosts file). But it could also be your router. If somebody else is providing the internet for you (dorm room etc.) it could be them too.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
05-10-2010 10:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
Maybe Microsoft has banned him?

Would that be more logical?
05-11-2010 02:11 AM
Kafman

36 / Male / Flag
spitfiremk1a, open the hosts file with notepad that is on C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and paste its content here.

It has more sense that some malware has modified his hosts file than Microsoft banning him... :rolleyes:
[Image: sig.png]
05-11-2010 03:41 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Chrissy
Maybe Microsoft has banned him?

Would that be more logical?
No, they wouldn't ban you from also simply browsing Microsoft pages. And if you account is banned you get a pretty specific error.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
05-11-2010 08:35 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: