What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Problem with the download update?

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
Problem with the download update?
Author: Message:
Kafman

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. Problem with the download update?
Hi,

Well, as the topic says, we in the spanish forums have at least 6 threads and numerous people reporting that Messenger Plus! was working well, then they got prompted to update it trought that update toast and since that installation, Plus! stopped to work.

What does stopped to work means? Well, Plus! button/menu doesnt appear, no features like colors, poligamy.

Some people reports that WLM crashes, altough they don't have any skin or script installed, and when Plus! is unistalled, Messenger works again.

One person reports that DEP closes Plus! altough it did add it to the exception list.

The time between the 6 threads and the reports of the persons has been in less than 24 hours.

We have djdannyp thread translated with the software that causes Messenger Plus! to stop working and none of the people that have the problem has any of that software.

I have asked to this people to post a screenshot of the list of installed software and they don't have any dodgy (or at least I believe) software that may be the problem.

Any ideas? I haven't see any thread here with someone having problems with the installation from the update.

If you want more information, post it here and then I will ask to the people and when they reply, I'll translate it here.
[Image: sig.png]
05-21-2010 05:28 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Problem with the download update?
Interesting. I had one person in the Dutch forum which doesn't have Plus! load anymore since the latest update. And another a couple of days ago who mentioned crashes since the last Plus! update. Didn't make much of it at first, but together with 6 Spanish threads definitely sounds like there is some bug.

Not sure if Plus! triggered any auto-update recently, but that might explain why all the problems are reported in such a short time apart. Or Microsoft could have started auto-update to the QFE3 Messenger build.

First ask them if they are running any script, skin, or other Messenger patch/add-on. If disabling those doesn't help let's have them all post the exact build of Messenger Plus!, Live Messenger, and Windows together with a screenshot of all installed apps and which symptoms they have exactly and if they know if it started directly after updating Plus.

I'll digg up the posts on the Dutch forum soon.

This post was edited on 05-21-2010 at 05:50 PM by Menthix.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
05-21-2010 05:49 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
I just did a /checkupdates and it didn't find anything new, the last version of Plus! was released a month ago

I'm also using the latest WLM update (the one that famously removes webcam sending) and aren't having any problems
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5222 days, 7 hours, 23 minutes, 44 seconds ago
05-21-2010 05:58 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
Same for me, but at least 8 people within 24ish hours is a lot.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
05-21-2010 06:03 PM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
Could it perhaps be regionally related?  Like a WLM/Plus! update just for a certain language/languages?
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5222 days, 7 hours, 23 minutes, 44 seconds ago
05-21-2010 06:35 PM
Mnjul
forum super mod

plz wub me

– / Other / Flag
Did a few testing and didn't encounter this problem. :/

Is it possible to have them upload the whole Messenger Plus! Live directory and the msimg32.dll under Messenger's directory, so that we can get to know if there's any binary change to Plus!...?

Well, maybe this doesn't help too much :S but I guess worth a try

This post was edited on 05-21-2010 at 07:19 PM by Mnjul.
05-21-2010 06:43 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Kitai

I think I'm having the same problem. The version of Plus currently installed is 4.84.0.382 and it's just not working. If I click on Plus!, and it says the softward hasn't loaded.

It gives no real information on it, only saying an error accured that prevented it from loading properly. And says I can try reinstalling or waiting for an update.

Well, I've tried all the reinstalling, and even installing an older version doesn't seem to fix the problem.

This post was edited on 05-21-2010 at 10:09 PM by Kitai.
05-21-2010 10:08 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
I now have 4 people through the Dutch Plus! forum reporting the same kind of problems, all within the last 3 days.

Person one (Fleurdecerise):* Plus! disappeared ("no buttons, nothing").
* Tried removing and reinstalling both Live Messenger and Plus!, didn't help.
* After reinstalling Plus! when launching Messenger her laptop went in a blue screen and a memorydump.
* Problems started since installing the latest Plus! version.

Person 2 (opysmoky):
* Plus! disappeared ("doesn't work anymore").
* Started since the last update, everything worked fine before.

Person 3 (Paula, by email):
* Plus! disappeared ("suddenly disappeared since yesterday").
* Tried removing Plus! and reinstalling, didn't help..
* Plus! still works on another laptop she has
  • 1: Do you have any scripts installed? If so, which?
    None
  • 2: Do you have and other Messenger add-ons or patches installed besides Plus?
    No
  • 3: Do you have any application installed listed on tid=89897?
    No
  • 4: Which Messenger version are you using?
    Versie 2009 (build 14.0.8117.416)
  • 5: Do you still see 'Plus!' in the menu if you press img]http://rnd.menthix.net/mpl_screens/button-cl-Menu--Menu-openen.png[/img], what does it say under there?
    Not AFAIK, but already uninstalled Plus! completely.
  • 6: Which Windows version do you use and is it 32 or 64 bit?
    XP
  • 7: Can you post a screenshot of all installed programs?
    one two three
  • 8: Any other symptons? What did you try to fix it? Or anything else that might be helpful?
    I updated Plus! after which the problems started. On my laptop, which doesn't have this problem, I did not install the update so it is still running Plus! 4.83.0.378.

Person 4 (Jeezus):
  • 1: Do you have any scripts installed? If so, which?
    None
  • 2: Do you have and other Messenger add-ons or patches installed besides Plus?
    No
  • 3: Do you have any application installed listed on tid=89897?
    No
  • 4: Which Messenger version are you using?
    Versie 2009 (Build 14.0.8089.726)
  • 5: Do you still see 'Plus!' in the menu if you press img]http://rnd.menthix.net/mpl_screens/button-cl-Menu--Menu-openen.png[/img], what does it say under there?
    Plus! entry is completely gone. Plus! is still installed according to Windows' Control Panel though.
  • 6: Which Windows version do you use and is it 32 or 64 bit?
    Windows 7, 64 bit
  • 7: Can you post a screenshot of all installed programs?
    -
  • 8: Any other symptons? What did you try to fix it? Or anything else that might be helpful?
    Since Plus! stopped working Messenger doesn't always launch right away. And I expereinced the blue screen which Fleurdecerise mentioned too.

Asked these people the questions from my first post, will post their response here when I get any. These 4, together with the 6 on the Spanish forum, and Messenger Plus Not Working now makes 11 people with the same issue in a timespan of 3 days.

Mailed Patchou.

Update: Added their responses to the questions as far as the responded and added a new one. Doesn't look like anything stands out, but it is probably safe to say it is not caused by any script, skin, conflicting Messenger add-on or patch, or any of the usual conflicting apps with Plus!. Happens on both QFE 2 and QFE 3 so that isn't it either. XP (probably 32 bit) and Windows 7 are as far apart from eachtother as you can get too.
* Menthix waits for Patchou. Hopefully he has some useful crash reports through MS.

This post was edited on 08-18-2010 at 01:26 PM by Menthix.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
05-22-2010 01:45 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Hello,

thanks for the detailed report. In the latest update of Messenger Plus!, it's mostly the setup that was modified. The fact that we're using the newest version of Visual Studio may be a factor for this problem though.

The easiest thing for me to do is to work directly with the people who experience the issue. If you see some, please ask them to send an email to support@msgpluslive.net with a quick explanation of what they're experiencing. I'll send them a debug version and I'll be able to work on a possible fix from there.

[Image: signature2.gif]
05-22-2010 03:09 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Kafman

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Problem with the download update?
We did a general thread in the spanish forum since tracking six diferent threads is a little difficult.

Anyway are the responses of the people in the spanish forums:

Dalmako:
Do you have any scripts/skins installed? If so, which?
None

Do you have and other Messenger add-ons or patches installed besides Plus?
A-Patch, however I uninstalled it and still doesn't work

Indicate your versions of WLM & Plus! installed
WLM version: 2009 - 14.0.8117.416
Plus! version: 4.84

Can you post a screenshot of all installed programs?
(Didn't post one) I have checked all of my installed programs and no one of them interferes with Plus! functionality I only use my laptop for work and for college works.

Symptoms?
None of the Plus! features works it's like if I did never intalled Plus! in first place.

amellisa:

Installed the upgrade and when she restarted her laptop, WLM didn't execute at Windows startup, then she executed WLM manually and got an error and after a blue screen, the she uninstalled Plus! and everything started to work fine.

leonela12345:
Has downloaded a lot of times Plus! and still doesn't work.

winah:
Got the update toast, installed the update and Plus! stopped working.

cj55: Tuesday i was making homework as usual on my computer, suddenly light went off, and turned on my computer again and messenger opened (With starting when windows starts activated), and noticed that i didnt have the skin i use neither Plus!, But it was still visible on Add/Remove programs. Repaired, deleted and reinstalled  and it happens to install ok but it wont hook on Messenger, what should i do??  Messenger Version is 2009(14.0.81) and Messenger Plus! 4.84

Note: Previously i had Plus installed and working perfectly, tried repairing, deleting anr reinstalling, updating but still nothing

Umbrella: Hi i have the same error since yesterday, and its a real shame having to uninstall Messenger Plus! to use WLM normally, i had to do it and im sad about it because im missing Plus! features gives to Messenger i hope theres a solution to use Messenger Plus again

I would like to know if somebody knows the origin of this error

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou

The easiest thing for me to do is to work directly with the people who experience the issue.

It's not that easy Patchou, mostly of this people only knew their native language...  probably they're gonna use an online translator...

Edit: we are having a lot of people reporting the same problem trough #msgplus.es channel...

This post was edited on 05-23-2010 at 12:47 AM by Kafman.
[Image: sig.png]
05-22-2010 10:34 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: