What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Is this feature going to be in the next Plus?

Is this feature going to be in the next Plus?
Author: Message:
kabso 5

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Is this feature going to be in the next Plus?
Hello

I really saw this feature on the script list, Which is amazing and really help full

http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/529-Photo-Sharing-Disabler/

It display the photo sharing in the Windows live messenger

Its helpful for lots of reasons, Photo sharing makes our computer slow sometimes, it protect our privacy, because in the photo sharing you'll find the picture in MessengerCache folder and it would be waste less to just send a cache of the picture with a bad resolution so the other user can preview it ,  and then send the whole picture " when he press the save button "

I really hope this feature would be in the next plus.

Thank you.
05-25-2010 08:57 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: Is this feature going to be in the next Plus?
It's a bit too early to tell what will and will not be in the next Messenger Plus! It may, it may not...for now you can have it already with the script ;)
[Image: 25dr3o9]
05-25-2010 10:47 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
In addition to this, the photosharing feature of WLM 2010 could be totally different, it may be something that can be turned off.....or set to not auto-accept or whatever.

Until we know the extent of the changes in WLM 2010, it's hard to say what may or may not be included in Plus! 5
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5223 days, 10 hours, 33 minutes, 52 seconds ago
05-25-2010 11:38 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by kabso 5
Its helpful for lots of reasons, Photo sharing makes our computer slow sometimes
Can't say much about this, other than it shouldn't happen.

quote:
it protect our privacy, because in the photo sharing you'll find the picture in MessengerCache folder and it would be waste less to just send a cache of the picture with a bad resolution so the other user can preview it ,  and then send the whole picture " when he press the save button "
I don't see what this has to do with privacy at all.

And I don't fully understand what you mean with "wasting less". Because the whole point of PhotoSharing is exactly that you can share photos without the need to download the whole 5 MB big picture with a resolution 5 times bigger than your screen, opening up your graphics viewer, loading the image, zooming out, etc. So in that regards PhotoSharing is a big improvement.

So, can you elaborate more about what you meant with this and what you exactly object to?

Of course the behaviour of automatically running PhotoSharing when you paste a picture to a conversation is something not always wanted, so yeah, that I can understand for sure, but not what you said in that last quote

;)

This post was edited on 05-29-2010 at 11:15 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-29-2010 11:13 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
kabso 5

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Is this feature going to be in the next Plus?
In the photosharing, What I mean with waste less, is When you want to send a photo to a guy, You should send a sample of the photo, with low resolution " Wasiting of 24kb up to 256 kb "

Sometimes you accidentally drag and drop an Image, that's what I said about, Like you were viewing your EX Girlfriend pictures, and you accedently droped em into your Girlfriend conversation, and look what will happen when you do that :p
05-29-2010 04:36 PM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
quote:

Sometimes you accidentally drag and drop an Image, that's what I said about, Like you were viewing your EX Girlfriend pictures, and you accedently droped em into your Girlfriend conversation, and look what will happen when you do that :p

You can accidentally misuse many feature sof many pieces of software, that's no reason to remove them.  You can send a text message to someone by mistake with disastrous consequences, does that mean that texting should be removed from mobile phones?

The first part of your message didn't make much sense either?  Photosharing DOES waste less, as all it does is send a small preview of the file automatically, it doesn't transfer the full resolution picture unless you choose to "Save" it once photosharing is open
05-30-2010 06:25 PM
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
There should be an 'Are you sure..' box :P
05-30-2010 10:24 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
kabso 5

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Is this feature going to be in the next Plus?
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
quote:

You can accidentally misuse many feature sof many pieces of software, that's no reason to remove them.  You can send a text message to someone by mistake with disastrous consequences, does that mean that texting should be removed from mobile phones?

The first part of your message didn't make much sense either?  Photosharing DOES waste less, as all it does is send a small preview of the file automatically, it doesn't transfer the full resolution picture unless you choose to "Save" it once photosharing is open

all it does is send a small preview of the file automatically

Thats the waste that I am talking about...

I didnt say that we should remove them, what I said that we'll have the choice to disable photosharing, just like the script.
05-30-2010 11:59 PM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
The small preview of a file isn't a waste......it's what its designed to do....it's instead of having to send the whole file for the contact to see (which was previously the only way)
05-31-2010 12:29 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Thats the waste that I am talking about...
I've wasted a lot more download time and temporary space in the past just because somebody wanted to show me a picture or screenshot which I had no interest in keeping for myself...

And that's the whole purpose of the PhotoSharing. Saving of (previewed) photos is not the main purpose of it. The save feature is only a small side option. If you want to send/recieve full blown hi-res photo gallaries then you can still zip them and send the zipped file to your contact. The same as if you would have done in the past.

But yeah, I'll kiss the feet of the guy who nativly implements a choice/turn on-off option for the PhotoSharing.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-31-2010 01:06 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: