What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Event Viewer does not display despite being checked

Event Viewer does not display despite being checked
Author: Message:
flair

O.P. Event Viewer does not display despite being checked
WLM Build 14.0.8089.726
Messenger Plus! Live version 4.83.0.372

Display Event Viewer is checked but does not pop up.

I run WLM+MP on 2 different PCs on a LAN, however on one PC the Event Viewer Window HAS STOPPED displaying in spite of being Display Event Viewer flag being checked. I have shut down and restarted WLM+MP several times with display event flag switched on, off, and even rebooted several times, run with only 1 PC, etc. The Event Display Viewer only shows on one PC. Yes, I checked the Configuration Wizard.

I will admit to occasionally using a registry cleaner ... but on both PCs. Did I do an ID10T move of which I am unaware?

I have not yet tried uninstalling and then re-installing MP. I would like to avoid that because of all the events I have configured.

Thanks.
11-22-2009 09:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Event Viewer does not display despite being checked
So you've got the option checked in Preferences, then when you go to Event Viewer in the Plus! menu, it doesn't show?

When uninstalling, it'll give you the option to "Remove all users' preferences and files" which you can uncheck.

I had a look in the registry, there's: EventViewerLastShow, EventViewerMaximised and EventViewerPos. I don't think they'd affect whether it records events or not.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
11-23-2009 12:17 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Event Viewer does not display despite being checked
quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
I don't think they'd affect whether it records events or not.
From what I understand the issue is that the window does not display, not that it doesn't record events.

--------------

quote:
Originally posted by flair
I will admit to occasionally using a registry cleaner
:p Which is indeed not always a good thing to do. And only advisable if you know _exactly_ what the found keys do and why they are listed to be deleted. You quite often do more damage than fixing anything. Personaly, I always advise to stay far away from so called Registry Cleaners, unless you're an expert user and you know exactly what you're doing (but then you wouldn't need any advise to begin with either).

Anyways, try this:
  1. Exit Messenger completely
    (right click its tray icon and choose "Exit")

2. Open your registry editor
    (Start button > Run... > type "regedit")

3. Navigate to the following registry path:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live\<your_windows_live_id>\Preferences

4. There, delete the following keys, by right clicking them and choosing "Delete":
      EventViewerMaximised
      EventViewerPos
      EventViewerTranspLevel

5. Close your registry editor and restart Messenger.

Does the event viewer show up now? If so, then the positioning of the window was wrong. The event viewer was displayed, but outside your visible desktop area.

This post was edited on 11-23-2009 at 03:58 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-23-2009 03:53 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
smn

RE: RE: Event Viewer does not display despite being checked
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
I don't think they'd affect whether it records events or not.
From what I understand the issue is that the window does not display, not that it doesn't record events.

--------------

quote:
Originally posted by flair
I will admit to occasionally using a registry cleaner
:p Which is indeed not always a good thing to do. And only advisable if you know _exactly_ what the found keys do and why they are listed to be deleted. You quite often do more damage than fixing anything. Personaly, I always advise to stay far away from so called Registry Cleaners, unless you're an expert user and you know exactly what you're doing (but then you wouldn't need any advise to begin with either).

Anyways, try this:
  1. Exit Messenger completely
    (right click its tray icon and choose "Exit")

2. Open your registry editor
    (Start button > Run... > type "regedit")

3. Navigate to the following registry path:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live\<your_windows_live_id>\Preferences

4. There, delete the following keys, by right clicking them and choosing "Delete":
      EventViewerMaximised
      EventViewerPos
      EventViewerTranspLevel

5. Close your registry editor and restart Messenger.

Does the event viewer show up now? If so, then the positioning of the window was wrong. The event viewer was displayed, but outside your visible desktop area.

It works PERFECTLY good!!!
05-27-2010 08:24 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: