What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » PC won't boot

PC won't boot
Author: Message:
Adeptus

RE: PC won't boot
Sounds like some kind of a motherboard problem, although I also wouldn't rule out the power supply just yet. 

Unfortunately, the best advice I can give you is to try swapping out the power supply if you can borrow one from another machine of your own (or even friend's).  I'd start there because a power supply swap is much easier, even though what you describe sounds more like a bad motherboard.

If the power supply doesn't change anything, your choices will depend on whether this is a custom designed major OEM computer (Dell, HP and similar) or one built from standard components. 

In major OEM designs, the motherboard is usually hard to replace with anything generic, but there tends to be a good supply of replacement parts.  You would want to weigh the cost of that against basically replacing the computer.

If it's a computer built out of generic components and it is two years old, your best option usually would be a motherboard/CPU/RAM upgrade.  At only two years and depending what you choose to upgrade to, it's possible that even the RAM could be reused.
06-06-2010 12:25 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
PC won't boot - by Weyzza on 06-05-2010 at 05:57 PM
RE: PC won't boot - by Adeptus on 06-06-2010 at 12:25 AM
RE: PC won't boot - by Weyzza on 06-11-2010 at 08:51 PM
RE: PC won't boot - by YourNeibour on 06-26-2010 at 02:37 AM
RE: PC won't boot - by Chris4 on 06-26-2010 at 04:58 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend