What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Information and questions about msn's own "whos deleted you" system

Information and questions about msn's own "whos deleted you" system
Author: Message:
WarLordZadeh

O.P. Information and questions about msn's own "whos deleted you" system
Hi I was recently using the msn system (latest version of windows live with windows msn plus on) and have been running tests on the "see who has you on your contact list" system and found some intresting things out that I would like to report and ask advice/help upon.

I ran countless tests asking people to delete me off msn to check and see if it actually still did work.

I found that when you deleted someone, waited around one day and signed in on another computer that didnt have your stored msn contact catche, it would allow you to see the individual had deleted you.

My problem now is someone claimed they were going to delete me (im no longer talking to her.. we had issues lol) and she disappeared as msn said she had deleted me but she suddenly reappeared after around 7 days.

(would like to note ive ran loads of tests with other people and found that within 1 day flat, the fact they deleted me showed up)

Ive recently asked for someone to add me on msn around 5 days ago but they havent flagged up in my "added list" yet.

My question is, is this a glitch or do you belive she has readded me?
06-14-2010 07:04 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Information and questions about msn's own "whos deleted you" system
PLease read the following stickied thread, as it explains everything:

'Contact List Clean-Up' => Currently Not Working! (PLEASE READ)

In short, the feature no longer works as it's being removed from the forthcoming WLM 2011 so the server has stopped sending/receiving the data to populate the feature.  The only way to know if a contact has you on their list is if they are able to start a conversation with you (although that isn't 100% foolproof, but you'd have to go to quite some length to do it without having them on your list)

This post was edited on 06-14-2010 at 07:32 PM by djdannyp.
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5224 days, 7 hours, 31 minutes, 54 seconds ago
06-14-2010 07:31 PM
WarLordZadeh

O.P. RE: Information and questions about msn's own "whos deleted you" system
But the feature is still working when someone deletes you but im not sure about if it updates when someone re-adds you.

Thats my point.
06-14-2010 10:28 PM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Information and questions about msn's own "whos deleted you" system
Either way, it's kinda irrelevant the ways in which it does or doesn't work as it's being removed.

I don't think there's any particular hard and fast of how it works at the moment and the feature should be considered to be not working in any capacity.
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5224 days, 7 hours, 31 minutes, 54 seconds ago
06-14-2010 10:35 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: