What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Please help, live messenger not sending some of my messages

Please help, live messenger not sending some of my messages
Author: Message:
henrye1

O.P. Please help, live messenger not sending some of my messages
Ok this is really the first time on my 10 years or so of using messenger that I have a problem big enough I require to make a thread about it.

The problem is sometimes my messages wont get sent, commonly the first message I send to someone is skipped, they start receiving from the second one and after... Sometimes in the middle of conversations people will tell me stuff like "and then what happened?" I'm like..."I already told you"...

This is really.....REALLY amazingly annoying. I formatted my pc for summer cleaning and it keeps doing that.

Be aware that my internet connection is not dropping off, I'm always downloading something or streaming radio music and it never cuts off. I also game online frequently and never lag or time out. I also never receive the error messages like "this message could not be sent".

I'm running windoes 7 pro 64 bit with the latest official messenger version, and the latest messenger plus too...

Please help as this is really really annoying... Any ideas?

Cheers

This post was edited on 05-27-2010 at 05:30 AM by henrye1.
05-27-2010 05:28 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
gaara20

RE: Please help, live messenger not sending some of my messages
FFS someone PLEASE report this problem to Microsoft, its GLOBAL now!

Hi there, this is the infamous "MSN Lost Messages", and these past weeks, ive seen thousands of threads regarding this issue, and im suffering from it to, so i really doubt now that it has something to do with the router, as i see more and more people complaining about this.
The typical example of this:

Me: How are you?

Or the contact just receives the later messages. Also, sometimes the first messages are only sent like 3 hours later to them. This issue NEEDS to be reported seriously. And no, there isnt a warning saying "This message couldn't not be sent" so its really bad because you dont know if the contact received it or not.

I know how you fell, its really annoying. At the beginning i thought that people didn't simply reply, but i found out they weren't receiving them, and some of these people have the exactly same problem.

This post was edited on 05-28-2010 at 03:05 PM by gaara20.
05-28-2010 03:04 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by gaara20

Have you thought of reporting the problem yourself?

If you're experiencing it then you're in thge best place to give them all the information they need.

However I think that describing it as a "GLOBAL" problem is somewhere wide of the mark, only a handful of people have reported the problem and as far as I remember from another thread I saw on here, it can often be router related.
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5232 days, 5 hours, 58 minutes, 57 seconds ago
05-28-2010 04:45 PM
gaara20

RE: RE: Please help, live messenger not sending some of my messages
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
quote:
Originally posted by gaara20

Have you thought of reporting the problem yourself?

If you're experiencing it then you're in thge best place to give them all the information they need.

However I think that describing it as a "GLOBAL" problem is somewhere wide of the mark, only a handful of people have reported the problem and as far as I remember from another thread I saw on here, it can often be router related.

I already reported it.
Yes, it may be "global". Its not only here, ive seen in other sites recently people posting this problem, also some of my contacts in msn. You may be not affected (or you may think) but this problem is truly annoying. I also find strange that most of these threads appeared in the last few months.
If this is truly messengers fault (which i think it is) them i hope its fixed in the next one.

This post was edited on 05-28-2010 at 04:49 PM by gaara20.
05-28-2010 04:48 PM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
Does it happen at all if you use a webmessenger like eBuddy?
05-28-2010 05:02 PM
gaara20

i never used eBuddy... i dont know, but i read somewhere ebuddy did work alright.
06-07-2010 08:04 PM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
You need to try it yourself, because a problem like the one you're experiencing can be router related.......if it was the it's possible that messages would get lost on ebuddy too.....but if it was a messenger problem then it'd never happen.

Try using eBuddy for a few weeks and see if you have any messages getting lost.

Saying that you read it counts for nothing......not only have I "read" that Messenger works fine, I know from my own experience that it does......your problem needs to be dealt with in its own right, not compared to anything else unless it's exactly the same symptoms ;)
06-07-2010 08:07 PM
SpikeyPanda

I have this same exact problem. A fix found? I really suspect its software related and seems to happen everytime when you leave for a while and your status goes to "away" almost always after that there's couple of messages lost in the beginning of the conversation.
06-20-2010 02:56 PM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by henrye1
I formatted my pc for summer cleaning and it keeps doing that.
Which implies that in the process you've removed an update which could have fixed it? Check Windows Update.

djdannyp is correct in saying it's only a handful of people experiencing the problem, because I for one am not.

Is your internet connected through a router? Disconnect the router and connect to the internet directly with an ethernet cable.

Disable or uninstall any security software. Maybe the one's of you experiencing the problem all have the same security application which is not letting the messages go through...

Lastly, have you tried the built-in Connection Troubleshooter? What's the error?

This post was edited on 06-20-2010 at 03:55 PM by Chris4.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
06-20-2010 03:47 PM
gaara20

RE: RE: Please help, live messenger not sending some of my messages
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
You need to try it yourself, because a problem like the one you're experiencing can be router related.......if it was the it's possible that messages would get lost on ebuddy too.....but if it was a messenger problem then it'd never happen.

Try using eBuddy for a few weeks and see if you have any messages getting lost.

Saying that you read it counts for nothing......not only have I "read" that Messenger works fine, I know from my own experience that it does......your problem needs to be dealt with in its own right, not compared to anything else unless it's exactly the same symptoms ;)

Im going to change my router this Wednesday.
If you have a netgear 3vg something, them this router SUCKS. This is the answer. I saw more people complaining about this router. It turns up one update fucked it all.
06-28-2010 07:24 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: