What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Plus! disappears mysteriously

Plus! disappears mysteriously
Author: Message:
mateusmatiasmm

Sheer Inconcreteness

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Shocked  Plus! disappears mysteriously
Hey there!

I've been facing a strange problem with Messenger Plus! in the last week. It's been a long time since I started using the application, but now, without any apparent reason, it stopped working. Messenger is disfigured, showing codes instead of colours, and despite my efforts to reinstall Plus! - even unistalling the whole Live Messenger first -, nothing seems to work. I still can't figure out the cause of such headaches. I tried to uninstall some softwares I had recently acquired, but the problem persists. Not even a system restoration - as a friend suggested - was effective. Would some good soul throw light upon this riddle? I hope to God you have an answer for it.

Yours,
Matt.
... pelo postigo de quem escreve
tudo - olhos, sóis, lentes -
na vigília, nas insônias
: o universo às escâncaras ...
06-24-2010 08:08 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Plus! disappears mysteriously
Try reading this:

Messenger Plus! Live Disappears after restart
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5224 days, 23 hours, 1 minute, 29 seconds ago
06-24-2010 08:12 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
mateusmatiasmm

Sheer Inconcreteness

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Plus! disappears mysteriously
Wow, you are faster than I ever imagined :o

Thanks for the tip, but I've just checked my "Add/Remove Programs" and I have neither of the programs the author has mentioned... Some symptoms are quite similar, though: codes instead of colours, scripts and skins not working, etc.

What has gotten my attention was a particular message which is displayed when I click on "Plus!". It says the application is inactive and asks me to uninstall it and try again later. The only program that might have caused the problem - once it was the only one I had installed - was BabylonIM, but I've already unistalled it, even tried the system restoration, which did not lead me to any productive result. I don't know, guys, what might have happened. Perhaps in the middle of the path there was a stone. Still hope we are able to find a solution for that. Only for you to know, I use McAffee as anti-virus and I keep it up-to-date.
Following a friend's advice, here go some screenshots of my "Add/Remove Programs." Hopefully you manage to recognize the trouble maker.

[Image: imagemmbo.png]

[Image: imagem1cx.png]

[Image: imagem2ee.png]

[Image: imagem3d.png]

[Image: imagem4ty.png]

na vigília, nas insônias
06-25-2010 12:57 AM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Plus! disappears mysteriously
If you disable McAfee Security Centre does it work?

(You may need to re-install first)
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5224 days, 23 hours, 1 minute, 29 seconds ago
06-25-2010 06:28 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
mateusmatiasmm

Sheer Inconcreteness

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Plus! disappears mysteriously
Hey!

First of all, I want to thank you all for you concern and useful pieces of advice. Fortunately or not, I did not need to uninstall any programme - not even McAfeee Security Centre - and things seem to be back  to normal again. Perhaps it sounds as mysterious as my post itself, but I really mean the problem is gone without any apparent reason - as it appeared. I was about to uninstall McAfee when I decided to do one last scanning. As it was running, the computer got frozen for some seconds and a message was displayed, informing me the scan had been finished. Then, Windows Live Messenger window opened by itself. As I logged in, the colours were in their appropriate place and the trouble I faced had merely vanished. Perhaps the believers may call it a miracle. I sincerely hope it doesn't happen again, and I reiterate my thanks to all of you.

See you around.
Mateus.
na vigília, nas insônias
06-28-2010 05:20 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend