What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » unable to download emails via messenger

unable to download emails via messenger
Author: Message:
sjames

O.P. unable to download emails via messenger
I am unable to download Hotmail messages via Windows Live Messenger on my Dell Studio Laptop which runs Vista; this laptop has a wireless connection to my Belkin F5D9630-4 Router, a server error 0x80072EE7. The PC running XP which is connected to the router via Ethernet is able to download all messages via messenger.
Wireless signal strength is five bars – 6 feet separation router to laptop.
If I connect the Laptop via an Ethernet cable to the Router it downloads the Hotmail messages fine.
The Laptop keeps disconnecting when I use Email and often Firefox is also set to offline mode.
If I log on to the Windows Live Web page I can see all my messages.
I can use Firefox to browse the web, but some sites such as messenger.live.com stall with half a green bar.
06-29-2010 07:01 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: unable to download emails via messenger
It's hard to understand what you're saying.

When you say you're "unable to download emails via messenger" you mean you're unable to view your emails when you click through to Hotmail via Messenger?

Have you tried a different web browser other than Firefox? Does that work?

quote:
Originally posted by sjames
If I connect the Laptop via an Ethernet cable to the Router it downloads the Hotmail messages fine.
So this is more of a wireless problem rather than a Messenger or Hotmail problem?

Please note: You posted this in the MsgPlus! Help & Support section. Your problem is in no way related to Plus! - it should be in Messenger or Tech Talk.

This post was edited on 06-29-2010 at 07:31 PM by Chris4.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
06-29-2010 07:28 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: