What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » messenger plus skin

messenger plus skin
Author: Message:
Yes

29 / Female / –
O.P. messenger plus skin
Bonjour , I thought that the messenger plus skin will appear to my contacts during the conversation but I was playing with my young brother , we were chatting together and I discovered that the skin doesn't appear on his PC . So I want to know if that's normal or I have a problem ??
N.B : My brother have the messenger plus ! live
07-01-2010 01:41 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Nagamasa
Skinning Contest Winner

30 / Male / Flag
RE: messenger plus skin
By "skin", I think you are referring to "scenes".

Each person with Messenger Plus! Live will only see the skin that they have installed.

The scene is similar to display pictures in which they are shown in conversation windows of participants.

Right click the scene area at the top of his conversation window, and untick "Use default scene" (or something like that.)

Keep in mind, when you change your scene, it may take some time for it to be uploaded and downloaded.

This post was edited on 07-03-2010 at 11:57 PM by Nagamasa.
[Image: unled1uo.png]
Joined this forum 6563 days, 22 hours, 38 minutes, 2 seconds ago.

07-01-2010 01:48 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: messenger plus skin
I think he actualy means Messenger Plus! skins.... :P

If so: No, Messenger Plus! skins do not appear to your contacts. They are applied only on your own computer.

You need Messenger Plus! to have Messenger Plus! skins.

---------

Scenes are, like Nagamasa already said, graphical things applied to the top of the contact list and to conversation windows. These can be set via the menu "Tools > Set scene" in the contact list.

Your contacts will see your scene in conversation windows unless they have set the option to override the scene with their own scene.

You can override the scene from your contacts by enabling "Use default scene" in the "Tools" menu in a conversation window.

Scenes are part of Windows Live Messenger itself; you do not need Messenger Plus! to see them.

---------

A few small things though:
quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
Each person with Messenger Plus! Live will only see they have installed.
Plus! doesn't have anything todo with scenes.

quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
Right click the scene area at the top of his conversation window, and untick "Use default scene" (or something like that.)
Actually that depends. The right click context menu shown there will always show "Use default scene" even if you are already using the default scene. It actually behaves like a toggle button, not a checkmarked menu item.

Meaning the wording is incorrect when you actually are already using the default scene; you will be simply switching to the contact's scene.
(small localization bug I'd say - or they forgot to include the checkmark in there)

;)

This post was edited on 07-03-2010 at 03:22 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-03-2010 03:13 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: