What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Contacts' updated personal messages not displaying

Contacts' updated personal messages not displaying
Author: Message:
minn

O.P. Undecided  Contacts' updated personal messages not displaying
Hi I have this problem whereby some of my contacts' recently updated messages are not displayed on my windows live messenger. However, under the "What's new" tab on the bottom I can see that their personal messages have been updated. In fact one of them recently updated his personal message as recently as 1 day ago. Another thing that I noted was whenever I'm online they appear offline on my contact list. I'm hesitant to guess that I've been blocked because I've not logged on to my msn for at least 2 months, I've only logged on a few days ago and each session wasn't very long. Is there a reason why they are not displaying the personal message as it should appear?

Besides this, I've been wondering about another display issue for the longest time. I've got some contacts which I haven't talked to for the longest time (at least a few months) In place of their "name" their email is displayed in my messenger window.

However for the aforementioned problems, the tools>options>privacy check indicates I haven't been deleted off their contact list. So does anyone know what gives?
07-04-2010 06:36 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
RE: Contacts' updated personal messages not displaying
Recently a lot of my contacts on WLM set a PSM and I can see it fine. Seconds/minutes or hours later it just goes blank. When I open a IM window their PSM appears under their name as normal.

I've also noticed when I listen to a song it takes ages to update in my PM or not at all and it looks like I've been listening to the same song for days. 

I've always thought it was connection issues or something to do with these beta's they have released, but I'm not sure.
07-05-2010 12:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Contacts' updated personal messages not displaying
I've noticed the odd PSM problems.......when they appear blank it's just an interface issue.....if you minimise the group they're in and expand it again then it fixes it.....you'll see that if you check their Plus! contact card that it's still there.

Personal messages will also only update if both people are online at the same time...if you haven't signed in for 2 months then nothing will have changed from last time you logged on.....and even then, only contacts who are online at that precise moment will change (and that might take some time to sync)

It's best not to worry about it
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5239 days, 9 hours, 51 minutes, 44 seconds ago
07-05-2010 12:14 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: