What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Custom Emotion Sounds Failing to Play with Latest Everything

Custom Emotion Sounds Failing to Play with Latest Everything
Author: Message:
phantom_flutist

I am me and proud of it!

37 / Female / Flag
O.P. Huh?  Custom Emotion Sounds Failing to Play with Latest Everything
Greetings,

I realize this issue came up quite a lot in 2009, and there was a sollution posted for those experiencing this particular problem.  In addition, I know that the latest version of Plus has fixed the problem for most users, but of course I happen to be an exception.

Last January, I installed the latest version of WLM.  Messenger has worked just fine since then, and on a whim I decided to install Plus just a couple days ago.  Everything works just fine except my favorite feature, which happens to be sending custom emotion sounds to other Plus users.

In other forrum posts, I saw that it was happening with users of Plus back in 2009, and it had something to do with a conflict with using certain emoticon shortcuts that would conflict with the data that was sent when sending a custom emotion sound.  As I only use the default emoticons and don't mess around with the shortcuts, there shouldn't be any interfeering shortcuts.  Furthermore, even if I had changed the default emoticons, I am running the latest version of plus, which was made 6-6-2010, and that problem was reported to be fixed.

My problem is similar to the problem reported in 2009, but instead of getting "***internal***" before the sound data that's being sent, I simply get the sound data line and no sound plays on either end.  I checked all of my preferences to see that everything was in order, I have uninstalled plus and reinstalled it after adding the exception to "WMPTools.exe" in Windows Firewall, and I have attempted to check my emoticons, just in case I had a shortcut that was conflicting with the line of data that is sent.  The person I was attempting to send sounds to was also using Plus, and she only received the line of sound data.  I have tried everything I can think of besides uninstalling WLM and reinstalling it again, but I figured I didn't have to because it was a clean install and I have not added any patches since I installed it in January.  I have had several other Windows 7 users report this same problem to me, and they have told me they gave up on Plus because they couldn't ever figure out a sollution to this problem.

I am quite stuck.

While I wait for suggestions, I will double check to see there aren't any newer updates to WLM.  I am hoping I can figure something out.  Thanks for your time and consideration.

Most Sincerely,

Bobbi
07-07-2010 02:33 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Custom Emotion Sounds Failing to Play with Latest Everything
Your problem with emotion sounds is probably due to the fact that the emotion sounds server is regularly down at the moment.

The developers are aware of this and hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

quote:
Originally posted by Nathalie
quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
Are you aware of the server downtime with emotion sounds?

Yes, we are aware and handling this issue. Thanks!
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
07-07-2010 02:48 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
phantom_flutist

I am me and proud of it!

37 / Female / Flag
O.P. RE: Custom Emotion Sounds Failing to Play with Latest Everything
I suppose that could be it, but wouldn't I get an error when the sound is trying to send to the server?  I don't get any errors, just sound data text.
07-07-2010 02:54 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: