What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Removing sounds

Removing sounds
Author: Message:
Mosquito

O.P. Removing sounds
Hi, I have a problem with a sound. I created it, but I forgot to mark it as "private", and now I've erase it from my library. Is it still available in the sound library's server? If yes, can I contact someone to request the removal of this song from their server?
Thanks a lot :)
07-24-2010 11:15 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Removing sounds
If you remember the sounds id you can report it then we can remove it. But unless you have that there isn't anything that can be done unfortunately.
07-24-2010 07:04 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Mosquito
Hi, I have a problem with a sound. I created it, but I forgot to mark it as "private", and now I've erase it from my library. Is it still available in the sound library's server? If yes, can I contact someone to request the removal of this song from their server?
Just creating a sound does not send it to the server. The sound will only be sent to the server when you send it to a contact.

If you have sent the sound to a contact, then you could check your Messenger chat logs (these are XML files) to find the sound id.
You'll need to look for the string: [Messenger Plus! Sound] - Data{xxxxxxxxxxxx} - yyyy.
Where xxx would be the sound id and yyyy the sound's title.

In Messenger Plus! chat logs (HTML or TXT files), only the title of the sound is logged.

This post was edited on 07-29-2010 at 12:24 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-29-2010 12:13 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Mosquito

O.P. RE: RE: Removing sounds
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Just creating a sound does not send it to the server. The sound will only be sent to the server when you send it to a contact.

If you have sent the sound to a contact, then you could check your Messenger chat logs (these are XML files) to find the sound id.
You'll need to look for the string: [Messenger Plus! Sound] - Data{xxxxxxxxxxxx} - yyyy.
Where xxx would be the sound id and yyyy the sound's title.

In Messenger Plus! chat logs (HTML or TXT files), only the title of the sound is logged.

Thank you Cookie, and what if I know only the sound's name?
I checked my chat logs and they're in html, I don't have 'em in xml format. Could you do something if I give you only the sounds' name?
Thanks again. :)
I checked my sounds' library and I found this serial: #7220C8AA5407 is this the number?

This post was edited on 08-11-2010 at 09:13 PM by Mosquito.
08-11-2010 09:08 PM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
I checked my sounds' library and I found this serial: #7220C8AA5407 is this the number?
Yeah, that's the one. However, I tried "/sound #7220C8AA5407" in a conversation and it says it can't be found, which suggests that it's not on the server - so you needn't worry. :happy:
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
08-11-2010 11:11 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: