What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » [split] Some of my contacts doesn't see me in WLM online, always as offline, because the Yahoo Messenger! makes problem

[split] Some of my contacts doesn't see me in WLM online, always as offline, because the Yahoo Messenger! makes problem
Author: Message:
jociandi

O.P. RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING
Hey there!

Please, help me.

I use my Yahoo e-mail in WLM, but have a serious problem with it.

Some of my contacts doesn't see me in WLM online, always as offline, because the Yahoo Messenger! makes problem with chatting.

How can I block the whole Yahoo Messenger? I hate that, but am in love with WLM and don't want to use any other chat application. I don't care any cooperation, only WLM what I want to use to.

Thanks in advance!

jociandi
07-26-2010 09:10 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING
If you don't want to use Yahoo! Messenger then uninstall it:

1) Exit 'Yahoo! Messenger' and all instances of Microsoft Internet Explorer completely.
2) Go to the 'Control Panel' in your Windows Start menu.
3) Click on 'Add/Remove Programs' (XP) or 'Programs and Features' (Vista/7).
4) Find 'Yahoo! Messenger' in the list and click on 'Change/Remove'.
5) Click on 'Next' and 'Finish' in the uninstaller
6) Open Windows Explorer (<WIN>+<E>) and navigate to the 'Yahoo' folder in your Program Files (eg: C:\Program Files\Yahoo) and delete it completely.
7) Open the Registry Editor by running the 'regedit.exe' program and navigate to 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software' registry entry, delete 'Yahoo', and exit the Registry Editor.
8) Restart your computer.

PS: next time please search the forums first. Then, if you don't find a related thread, make a new thread. Please do not post in a thread which has nothing todo with your subject.

This post was edited on 07-26-2010 at 10:33 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-26-2010 10:31 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
jociandi

O.P. RE: [split] Some of my contacts doesn't see me in WLM online, always as offline, because the Yahoo Messenger! makes pro
Thank you!

But it doesn't installed on the PC, so it isn't in the programs. It works in my Yahoo mail box, and I don't want to use it at all.
07-26-2010 11:33 AM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: [split] Some of my contacts doesn't see me in WLM online, always as offline, because the Yahoo Messenger! makes pro
When you're signed into your Yahoo Mail there should be an option to disable the Messenger.

In Windows Live Hotmail Inbox you can disable the 'web messenger' version that you get signed into, so there may be an option like that from your Yahoo Mail.

Alternatively, you might want to think about getting a Windows Live e-mail address, if you have no intention of using Yahoo Messenger
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5218 days, 5 hours, 5 minutes, 54 seconds ago
07-26-2010 11:47 AM
jociandi

O.P. RE: [split] Some of my contacts doesn't see me in WLM online, always as offline, because the Yahoo Messenger! makes pro
There is one option: to be available, busy, invisible and I can sign out. But it doesn't work pretty well, because I signed out, and am online at WLM, but some of my friends doesn't see me on their contact list either in WLM. Before the big WLM and Yahoo cooperation, everything was just perfect, so that's why I am upset. :(

I don't think to make a Windows Live e-mail address is the only and the best solution, but I think yes, I should think about it.

07-26-2010 12:05 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: [split] Some of my contacts doesn't see me in WLM online, always as offline, beca
If you use Windows Live Messenger, which is what you've said:
quote:
I use my Yahoo e-mail in WLM, but have a serious problem with it.
...then you already have a Windows Live Id.

In other words: the email you use to sign in into Windows Live Messenger is a Windows Live ID. It doesn't matter if it is a hotmail, yahoo, or whatever email address.

If you don't want to use Yahoo! Messenger, then simply don't use it or uninstall it.
If the web version of Yahoo! Messenger gets loaded when you sign into Yahoo!'s Webmail, and you don't want that, then either disable it or either uninstall it too (in case it is a browser object/toolbar).

Otherwise, please describe your problem in as much details as possible (and try to use the proper and exact names of things). Also, because your English writing is very poor, it might be a better idea to post in your native language. Because now there are too much confusing things in your posts.

This post was edited on 07-26-2010 at 03:15 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-26-2010 03:08 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
jociandi

OK, let me try again.

I am having issues using Windows Live Messenger and the integrated chat feature in Yahoo! Mail.

My contacts are able to see me as offline in Windows Live Messenger even though I am in fact online. The issue seems to be happening only when I'm signed in to Windows Live Messenger but not in the integrated chat feature in Yahoo! Mail. The contacts that are seeing me as offline is a windowslive.com and a hotmail.com user. The hotmail user is a very old contact.

There isn't any downloaded yahoo messenger application on my PC, it is only in my webmail. I have the same problem on two different PCs.

The customer support for Yahoo! tested me in Y! Messenger and in WLM, but had the same problem. 
07-28-2010 12:11 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: