What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Open the Chat Window automatically when i recieve a message

Open the Chat Window automatically when i recieve a message
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Open the Chat Window automatically when i recieve a message
Ghostleader42,

Be carefull with that snippet though.
That snippet will cause your chat windows to pop up each time someone sends you a message, thus also when:
- You're running another application and the chat window is behind that application you're working in.
- When you are busy typing in another conversation, the chat window where a new message is posted will pop in front.
- etc...

All these scenarios will be even more annoying than when you don't use such a script.

If I understand your problem correctly then the question should be: how come the windows do not pop up properly? Because the behaviour you're experiencing is not normal, and it is _that_ which should be fixed. Because the thing you ask for now is nothing more than a quick patch for an error comming from somewhere else, so that you 'simulate' proper behaviour, thus it is not a true solution. A true solution is finding the cause of this behaviour and fixing that.

It could well be that you are running some software which does some fancy/tricky things. A lot of monitor/lcd software is know to cause such issues and in many cases you actually do not need such software at all (eventhough it is automatically installed or so called 'recommended'). So you might wanna check that out first...

This post was edited on 07-27-2010 at 11:28 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-27-2010 11:24 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Open the Chat Window automatically when i recieve a message - by Ghostleader42 on 07-25-2010 at 10:51 AM
RE: Open the Chat Window automatically when i recieve a message - by matty on 07-26-2010 at 05:48 PM
RE: Open the Chat Window automatically when i recieve a message - by Ghostleader42 on 07-27-2010 at 11:00 AM
RE: Open the Chat Window automatically when i recieve a message - by CookieRevised on 07-27-2010 at 11:24 AM
RE: Open the Chat Window automatically when i recieve a message - by matty on 07-27-2010 at 01:32 PM
RE: Open the Chat Window automatically when i recieve a message - by Ghostleader42 on 07-28-2010 at 09:27 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: