What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » having a CRAZY problem with .dll files

having a CRAZY problem with .dll files
Author: Message:
Zendeavor

O.P. having a CRAZY problem with .dll files
I had an issue with WLM beta, and I knew from some quick research it was simply an issue the beta had that I could fix by uninstalling, and using the stable version instead.

So I went forward with that plan, using Revo Uninstaller to make sure I cleared all the junk out that could potentially cause problems with WLM stable thinking I still had Beta installed.

So I get that worked out, and install the stable version, only to find out that I overdid it with Revo Uninstaller. I must have let it clear some important dll files as well. It started with wldlog.dll

I found a replacement for it, and managed to overcome that error. Next problem?

The procedure entry point could not be located in UXCore.dll

I tried registering the wldlog.dll with regsvr32 but it claims that my dll file may not be compatible with my version of windows. I can't find any alternate downloads of it though.

So then, I think my fix would be to simply download and register a proper copy of wldlog.dll. But I can't find one that I can register.

I was going to look on my win7 disc but it doesn't appear to have these files.

Anyone know a solution? Have these files on hand I can nab from you? Anything at all we can do short of formatting?
08-09-2010 11:47 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: having a CRAZY problem with .dll files
The 2 dll's you mentioned are both Windows Live files, so using a Windows 7 disc will be of no use.

Simply repairing Messenger should do the trick in Control Panel > Programs > Windows Live Essentials, as it will replace all these files.

[Image: Wmh1U.png]

Messenger Plus! Live also has a Repair Messenger option worth trying:

[Image: SCFiO.png]

Last resort: Completely remove (MSN/Windows Live) Messenger

This post was edited on 08-09-2010 at 01:47 PM by Chris4.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
08-09-2010 01:46 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Zendeavor

O.P. RE: having a CRAZY problem with .dll files
well I tried to repair, and I've completely uninstalled and freshly reinstalled. Neither has worked.

I have a heavily tweaked windows 7 environment with lots of internal settings altered for optimal performance for day-to-day tasks. But that shouldn't cause this sort of error, should it?

I'll try to install msgplus to see if it will repair it any better.
08-09-2010 09:17 PM
Zendeavor

O.P. RE: having a CRAZY problem with .dll files
also, I didn't figure those files were part of win7 itself, but it's always worth a shot when you need to snag some dll files yunno?

Anyway, I managed to get it working by using windows install cleanup tool + zap messenger + revo uninstaller scan to clean up leftover files and registry entries, then reinstalling the stable version, then repairing, then rebooting, repairing one more time, rebooting, and starting up the program.

Thanks for the tips. Now i just gotta try to get the beta to work again or I may run into this problem all over when the beta goes stable...
08-09-2010 09:47 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: