What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Try to help me please?

Try to help me please?
Author: Message:
Daurk

O.P. Undecided  Try to help me please?
Well I've been stuck with this issue for a while and I'm clueless on how to fix it. Anyway the problem is (It might not even be MP!L, but I figured I'd ask around here to try and get help anyway) that when I'm having a conversation with someone and we both stop sending messages for about maybe 5 minutes or so, I don't get any of the messages they send for a bit nor do they get mine. This results in both of us having to resend everything we've said in order to finally read it.

A second problem, which hasn't occurred as often as it once did, is that my contacts will be showed as Offline when they are actually set to on (no they are not appearing offline, other people may or may not see them as online or I can sign onto my other account and they'll be online). It has even showed me as offline when I was actually online as well but it showing me as offline was very rare, and as time has passed it is very rare for it to show others as offline as well.

Any ideas and help are very appreciated.
08-17-2010 07:22 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
RE: Try to help me please?
Looks like the same as this

Have a read and see if any of Chris4's suggestions help your problem.
08-17-2010 02:53 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Daurk

O.P. RE: Try to help me please?
I had a look at it, I have no antivirus but I do use Windows Firewall but I don't see why it would cause a problem all of the sudden when I've been using it, and WLM shows up on the allowed programs list as well.

A clean install I  haven't really tried due to the fact that from the website I am only offered the WLM Beta (Which I hate) and the only third party WLM addon would be MP!L

I use a wireless router which (from what I've tried so far) is impossible to open the ports on. I've tried doing it myself and I've even contacted belkin tech support and they seem as clueless as I am about why the ports aren't opening. However, the ports on my modem are easily opened, but like the firewall I've been using this router for a while, why the sudden problem?

As for the ping test you had the other person do my results are:

Packet Loss: 0%
Ping: 43ms
Jitter: 1ms
Grade: A

I am however trying the steps for "3. Corrupted contacts cache ". I'll give an update once I test it out.

Update: Didn't seem to work.

This post was edited on 08-17-2010 at 08:23 PM by Daurk.
08-17-2010 07:31 PM
Daurk

O.P. RE: Try to help me please?
I don't enjoy double posting due to the fact that you get in trouble but seriously? I really hope that I'm going to get more help then just that. In the mean time, bumping my own thread

This post was edited on 08-22-2010 at 09:00 PM by Daurk.
[Image: 22342936.png]
08-22-2010 09:00 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: