What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » problem adding people with new addy but is fine with old addy?

problem adding people with new addy but is fine with old addy?
Author: Message:
james_uk

O.P. problem adding people with new addy but is fine with old addy?
Hi, i have an msn address which i have used for years, when i add people to it, the people show online right away, so they obviously get the invitation etc..

I have recently setup a new addy, when i add people to is the response to the new one is completely different, i get the odd person acceping right away, but generaly either they havnt been accepted or nothing seems to happen, i have even tried then adding the person to my old addy and they show up right away as said above.

the settings used in both addy's are exact, both are also set as public profiles, i really dont understand why i get accepted right away on my old address but there seems to be a issue behind the scenes, using the exact same settings yet the new addy seems not to add people as my old one does.

this is on the same pc etc and using the same msn program and settings as said above.

would anyone know how to help?

james
08-25-2010 06:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: problem adding people with new addy but is fine with old addy?
It's most likely a server-side issue owing to maintenance ahead of the forthcoming new release of WLM 2011.

The two addresses are more than likely on different servers which is why you're experincing the problem.

I'd suggest waiting a few days and seeing if the issue resolves itself.  Perhaps add your old account to your new account and see if the invitation is sent properly?

[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5214 days, 21 hours, 45 minutes, 28 seconds ago
08-25-2010 08:32 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: