What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Tools > Privacy > Allowed/Blocked Lists (Deleted Yahoo Contacts)

Tools > Privacy > Allowed/Blocked Lists (Deleted Yahoo Contacts)
Author: Message:
Kyriakin

O.P. Tools > Privacy > Allowed/Blocked Lists (Deleted Yahoo Contacts)
I only registered to this forum for my other main thread about inactive/cancelled accounts. However, since I am here, I have another annoying problem to sort out.

I am aware that the Tools > Privacy > Allow/Block lists will keep some people listed until they remove you.

This is obviously annoying when it includes 50 SPAMbots, 50 camgirls who randomly added you etc. However, it seems there is nothing that can be done to remove them. The 'delete' option will always be ghosted out.

However, I have a problem where deleted contacts, who clearly do not have me added (as the delete option is available in the Allow/Block lists), keep re-appearing in the lists a few days later.

It was only yesterday, when I deleted them all for the millionth time, that I realised they were all Yahoo contacts.

How can I stop this happening?

Cheers,

Si
08-27-2010 03:19 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Tools > Privacy > Allowed/Blocked Lists (Deleted Yahoo Contacts)
It may just be an error with the servers synchronising your contact lists properly. If the message never gets to the server saying you have removed them from the contact, block or allow lists then the next time you restart your client, the server will send a list which still has them on it.

I have recently heard of a lot of people having trouble with the MSN servers and the only advice we can really give here is to wait it out

That being said, it may still be worth sending them feedback/reporting the issue to them so they are at least aware that something is not right. They will always be able to give you a more accurate explanation than we will, even if they sometimes reply with stock answers (like a lot of companies do nowadays)
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
08-27-2010 06:18 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
whiz

– / – / Flag
RE: Tools > Privacy > Allowed/Blocked Lists (Deleted Yahoo Contacts)
Can anyone confirm that the delete option only works for contacts that you haven't spoke to?  Since if I add a contact, I can still remove them from both lists, but if I start a conversation and send a message, the delete option greys out.
08-27-2010 06:53 PM
Kyriakin

O.P. RE: Tools > Privacy > Allowed/Blocked Lists (Deleted Yahoo Contacts)
Is there ANY way to remove emails from these lists?

My list is largely made up of cambots who added me (and I had to accept, because it could have been a friend's change of email), and are impossible to delete.

Many of the  other emails in these lists bounce as well, so clearly they are completely inactive, and there is no risk in deleteing them and being spammed with requests.
09-06-2010 09:09 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: