What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [request] Games in the "Show media"

[request] Games in the "Show media"
Author: Message:
Nightmaker

O.P. Undecided  [request] Games in the "Show media"
I don't know if this has already been made or anything but i seriously couldnt find it :S i also know that something like this is already for the xbox but not for computer. So i'm looking for something that where it shows the songs when you play that if you're playing a game on your  PC that it show the game instead.

Thanks in advanced.(Y)
08-31-2010 10:16 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: [request] Games in the "Show media"
It is called XFire... look in the script db for it.
08-31-2010 11:26 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

In the Shadow Gallery once again

38 / Male / Flag
RE: [request] Games in the "Show media"
Appmon+ does this
http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/61-AppMon+/
[Image: signature/]     [Image: sharing.png]
I cannot hear you. There is a banana in my ear.
08-31-2010 07:08 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ryxdp

29 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [request] Games in the "Show media"
quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
Appmon+ does this

Yes it does, but it doesn't set the Now Playing message properly since the formatting change in WLM9. In the case of my tweaked AppMon+, the problem can be easily fixed by distributing the information displayed, as if either the title or artist parameters are blank it'll look weird:

(8) - In Game - Half-Life 2

I solved this by splitting the input string by the hyphen and putting "In Game" in the title field and the game's title in the artist field:

(8) In Game - Half-Life 2

Of course, that wouldn't work if the title in AppMon+ was just Half-Life 2, so I just put "In Game - " in front of all the game entries. If you just wanted to use AppMon+ for monitoring games you could simply hard-code that in, but I might add in other applications to the list later on.

EDIT: There are also some other annoying habits that AppMon+ has. For example it keeps setting your display picture every once in a while, leading to a huge amount of the same picture in the DP list. I went around getting rid of all the references to setting/resetting the DP in the script, hopefully that'll fix it.

This post was edited on 09-02-2010 at 11:43 AM by ryxdp.
09-02-2010 11:39 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
XAaronX

Gamer

33 / Male / –
RE: RE: RE: [request] Games in the "Show media"
quote:
Originally posted by ryxdp
quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
Appmon+ does this

Yes it does, but it doesn't set the Now Playing message properly since the formatting change in WLM9. In the case of my tweaked AppMon+, the problem can be easily fixed by distributing the information displayed, as if either the title or artist parameters are blank it'll look weird:

(8) - In Game - Half-Life 2

I solved this by splitting the input string by the hyphen and putting "In Game" in the title field and the game's title in the artist field:

(8) In Game - Half-Life 2

Of course, that wouldn't work if the title in AppMon+ was just Half-Life 2, so I just put "In Game - " in front of all the game entries. If you just wanted to use AppMon+ for monitoring games you could simply hard-code that in, but I might add in other applications to the list later on.

EDIT: There are also some other annoying habits that AppMon+ has. For example it keeps setting your display picture every once in a while, leading to a huge amount of the same picture in the DP list. I went around getting rid of all the references to setting/resetting the DP in the script, hopefully that'll fix it.
Do you have that scripted?
06-30-2011 01:51 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: