What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » if = true and also executing else

if = true and also executing else
Author: Message:
dfnkt

O.P. RE: RE: if = true and also executing else
quote:
Originally posted by Matti
You could however assign a system-wide hotkey to fire a script's function using the Windows API.

Well, I could see about assigning the script to be initialized when you hit Windows Key + L which is also a call to user32.dll and the LockWorkStation function. I am thinking now that a menu item on the Plus! menu makes the most sense.

Currently I have the script utilizing the messengerStart event for testing, it prompts the user with a dialog and properly handles the yes or no button events. On yes the script closes the window created by the script, locks the computer, sets your presence to away and sets a personal status message of "I'm not here right now."

I thought I remembered seeing something about taking user input? In the end if the user clicks "lock" or whatever it might be on the Plus! menu i'd a small dialog to come up and have them input a custom away message. On no it just closes the dialog.

I've also got a small to-do for storing a pre-existing status message and restoring it and the user presence upon return (if possible).

This post was edited on 09-11-2010 at 01:50 PM by dfnkt.
09-11-2010 01:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
if = true and also executing else - by dfnkt on 09-10-2010 at 08:47 PM
RE: if = true and also executing else - by CookieRevised on 09-10-2010 at 10:47 PM
RE: if = true and also executing else - by dfnkt on 09-11-2010 at 04:04 AM
RE: if = true and also executing else - by Matti on 09-11-2010 at 09:19 AM
RE: RE: if = true and also executing else - by dfnkt on 09-11-2010 at 01:48 PM
RE: if = true and also executing else - by Eljay on 09-11-2010 at 02:04 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: