What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Idle Manager not working - help! (really need this)

Idle Manager not working - help! (really need this)
Author: Message:
davidil

O.P. Idle Manager not working - help! (really need this)
Hello,

I'm trying to install this:

http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/595-Idle-Manager/

It doesn't work, I can't get to the options menu... does anybody know whats the problem? I need it because I want my "idle" status to be "appear offline" instead of away.

Thank you!
09-13-2010 10:32 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Idle Manager not working - help! (really need this)
Create a script and add this code to it. It will set the status to Appear Offline when your status is changed to Idle.
Javascript code:
function OnEvent_MyStatusChange(nStatus) {
    if (nStatus === STATUS_IDLE) Messenger.MyStatus = STATUS_INVISIBLE;
}

09-13-2010 11:25 PM
davidil

O.P. RE: Idle Manager not working - help! (really need this)
Ok cool! Thank you! It works. Just one question - now when I come back to the computer and move the mouse, MSN doesn't come out of "idle" (invisible), it just stays like that until I manually change it back to online. This is strange because the idle status usually goes back to online as soon as you touch the computer. Anyway around this?
09-14-2010 04:58 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
It's not strange though, but expected behaviour when you use that script snippet (or the Idle Manager script or similar scripts).

What such scripts do is as soon as Messenger changes your status to "Idle", they change your status again to "Appear offline". Thus effectively doing 2 status changes in a row.

Hence, Messenger is _not_ in the special idle mode anymore and thus nothing will be done further to detect possible activity... Because as far as Messenger is concerned you are now again 'active', while having the status "Appear offline".

Thus, such scripts do not replace the "Away/Idle" status with the "Appear offline" status. They simply change your status again the moment the status "Away/Idle" is set by Messenger. Thus the Idle Manager script can't do that either.

This post was edited on 04-23-2011 at 05:48 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-14-2010 09:04 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
davidil

OK, can we add another line to the script that once I get back to the computer it will go back online? Or is that impossible? Is there anything we can do about it?
09-14-2010 10:04 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by davidil
OK, can we add another line to the script that once I get back to the computer it will go back online? Or is that impossible? Is there anything we can do about it?
That is very difficult to do propery and always working in Plus! scripting. It is not something you can do in one line of code. It requires a whole (advanced) script. I doubt somebody would write something like this soonish which does this.

Another way would be to patch Messenger (in memory) so that it uses the status of your choice instead of the "Away/Idle" status when it hits idle mode and the status of your choice when it detects activity again. But this too requires advanced knowledge and advanced scripting. Plus it is highly version dependant. I once wrote such a script for WLM 8.0 for my own private use, but haven't updated it since. So, wasn't impossible back then, but I'm not sure if it would be possible now (Messenger has changed a great deal since then). I also lack the time to make something for the latest versions. Maybe someone else would though.

This post was edited on 09-14-2010 at 10:29 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-14-2010 10:19 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
davidil

This is important for me so if someone can make a patch or write a script, it's worth for me $25 (paypal or bank deposit)

This post was edited on 09-14-2010 at 11:37 AM by davidil.
09-14-2010 11:25 AM
bluelines

Idle Manager isn't working for me either, at all. I've set the options to appear offline after 1 minute of idle activity - but am not sure what idle means - does it mean your computer has to have no activity for that minute, or just WLM?

I also tried adding the function matty wrote above but to no avail. I'm wondering why it doesn't work?
06-10-2012 11:02 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: