What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » I can't log in, different problem from others I've read about!

I can't log in, different problem from others I've read about!
Author: Message:
PatrikRS

O.P. Huh?  I can't log in, different problem from others I've read about!
Hi, I have a problem loging in with windows live messenger.

The problem is that it starts loging in, but then with no error message or anything, it just returns to the previous login screen insted of working.

I read about someone who had almost the same problem, but he just saw the spinning icon that's visible when you're loging in, but it didn't happen anything. As I said, my problem is that I just return to the first screen over again. (here's the thread: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=67323)

I tried to delete stuff in the registry, since it worked for a lot of people in that thread. But it didn't work for me.

I've also re-installed it several times, updated it and everything. It's been like this for almost a year, but now I really want to use it again.

Thanks,
/Patrik
09-18-2010 09:17 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: I can't log in, different problem from others I've read about!
On WLM, press the ALT key to show the menu bar, then go to Tools > Options > Connection. Start the troubleshooter.

Does it detect any problems?
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
09-19-2010 12:52 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
PatrikRS

O.P. RE: I can't log in, different problem from others I've read about!
It didn't detect any problems at all. Now my problem is like most of the others; it's just that spinning icon and it wont happen anything.

No error message, nothing. I'm going to check the last thread again and see if I can find something I didn't try.

Do you have any idea at all?

Edit: Yet again, my problem differs from the other cases, by returning me to the previous login-screen over again.

This post was edited on 09-19-2010 at 04:13 PM by PatrikRS.
09-19-2010 12:51 PM
Chrissy

29 / Male / Flag
RE: I can't log in, different problem from others I've read about!
Try uninstalling with ZapMessenger. ZapMessenger removes all traces of Windows Live Messenger and basically makes it as though Windows Live Messenger was never there.

Also make sure you have no Add-Ons installed related to messenger. If you do remove them, including Plus!.

Once it's all clear, reinstall Windows Live Messenger from here and see if it works.

Good Luck.
09-20-2010 09:32 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
PatrikRS

O.P. RE: I can't log in, different problem from others I've read about!
I tried the ZapMessenger, it said "This might take a few minutes" or something, and I left it for HOURS andf nothing happened. So obviously that's not working..
But thanks a lot for the help anyway!

I'm kinda giving up soon.. But have anyone else had the same problem and fixed it?
09-21-2010 03:15 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: